• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with setispy and setidriver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

papounet

Dear

I have lost 10 WU/ a day for the past 2-3 weeks since I have upgraded setispy and setidriver and setiathome3.08

Now whenever I start setispy which starts setidriver, setidriver comes up with a dialogwindow asking for the setiathome executable. If someone reboots a machine I "borrowed", then they jsut cancel the resquest, and no seti....

I used to have 1 machine still OK, but can't understand the trouble, and messed it up also.

Any clue ???

You just need to delete one of the clients. I would suppose that you just unzipped all of this into the same folder that you already had. So in this folder you should have SETISpy, SETIdriver, the 3.03 client and the 3.08 one. When SETIDriver starts it will detect both CLC and ask which one you would like to run. If you want to keep just one of the clients, move the other to a dummy folder and then start up SETIDriver. This should fix it ;)

I was on the same track, and found out to solve the problem:

Setidriver does not like it when there are several setiathome executable in its folder. I change the extension of 3.03 executable to .old and now setidriver finds the 3.08 everytime.

thanks

3.08 either includes new science in its algorithm, or hasn't been optimized very well. It adds about 30 minutes to WU completion times. I'm sticking with 3.03.

If you are not worried for the possible exploit found in 3.03, you can stick with it. Or if you have a gateway to the Net (as when you are using SETIQueue in your network) you can keep it ;)

Back