• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

troubles with my new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no there is no thermal grease in the cpu socket or the underside of the cpu

so the culprit was a dead cpu, i got a new one yesterday and everything boots up fine, got windows running and am currently updating my system.
temps seem a little high tho, min temps are as follows 73, 82, 73, 77 but they spike at 138 142 136 and 133f, not sure if this is within normal range. maybe the TIM needs to set? using arctic silver 5

Glad the problem was a Defective Intel CPU,:) I've worked with 10 people this year that have had a defective skylake. The 82c is that with Prime95 load?, if that is just gaming with no overclock I would check your mounting also fan speed.

im currently using a ek 360 extreme kit, i must say im not really having much luck with it. i'd really like to send the whole kit back and get everything from either alphacool or xspc.

yah those temps are in f not c. was just wondeirng if they were a bit high

- - - Updated - - -

the computer is starting to act up again tho, after running it for about 4 hours, i went to get some food when i came back i tried to power the pc back on but it wouldnt start. had to turn the power supply off for about 10 seconds then turn it back on. started up. not sure whats going on

You should use celcius when speaking of temps on the forums....just the norm ;)
You're high spikes are under what kinda load?

sry about that, normally whenever the pc is processing, like when i launch an application or play a game, the only game ive tried so far is wow, i need to get fallout 4 installed, i want to see how the temps do on that game

so i went to try to turn on my pc this morning and it wouldnt boot up, theres power to the board and all components, i swtiched off the psu for about 15 seconds, made sure all the powers connectors were snug (nothing seemed loose) turned the psu back on then the computer will sttart. it will swtich itself off first then return on and go through the boot proceduere. at this pooint i cant figure out what could be causing the issue, ive replace the mobo ram and cpu. not sure who to call asus or intel. :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

could it possibly be the psu going bad? ive had this psu for about 5 years, thats the only thing i can think of. although it works fine in my other system

I think you have something wrong with your AIO pump try seeing if it will start up for a brief second with the pump disconnected then plug it back in.

All in one cooler. I meant to disconnect the ek 360 pump and see if it will boot up for a second then reconnect the pump.

i broke down my system and put it back in my dangerden torture rack, i prefer it to the other case my friend was gonna sell me, went to boot up the pc nothing. i tried to get it to boot for about a half an hour with no dice. im gonna send the motherboard back and the see if intel will do something for the cpu. ive tried to get this thing to work but it just seems to have a mind of its own. my old pc system works fine, even using the ek hardware. when i got the ek waterblock the insides were pretty dirty so i took it apart and cleaned it out. i put the insides in the wrong way which is why i think i was getting such bad temps, my temps know are in the mid thirties, and hover around the mid forties under load. also i dont have the pump hook to the motherboard, i have it hooked up to the psu

i doubt it would be the psu, the psu works perfectly fine when i put my old pc back together, starts up fine, overclocking works, everything works. its a corsair ax 1200 gold.

sorrry didnt mean to ignore any questions, it just doesnt seem like a power supply issue, i dont have another psu to try in the system i only have one psu.

Back