• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

True Blue CCFL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Im thinking of replacing my cold cathode because its not really the color i want. Its more of a light blue/aqua color, and id rather have a BLUE like the color of most blue LED's. Now, what im wondering is if any of the CCFL's currently made are that color blue. The ones from http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=CL-003 look like they are more of a deep blue, but i dont know if thats just something with how they have them displayed.

im also wondering about this too..... except for red, but i dont think whatever color should make a difference in how true it is. i think svc compucycle's have high ratings, but ive never even seen a ccfl in real life before so i wouldn't know.

I have a cc from svcompucycle.com and it is extremely close to those led's in the clear fans. Actually, its practially the same.

Hmm, the PICTURES at svc dont look as blue as the ones at heatsinkfactory, but i dont now if i can believe the pics. How blue would you say compared to the PIC at heatsinkfactory. The pics there are the look i woud like.

just wondering, the ccfl's that come with dual inverters... where would you get the bulb by itself without the inverter? i haven't seen that anywhere before.

WyrmMaster said:
Hmm, the PICTURES at svc dont look as blue as the ones at heatsinkfactory, but i dont now if i can believe the pics. How blue would you say compared to the PIC at heatsinkfactory. The pics there are the look i woud like.

You can't really trust pics, different cameras filter light diffrently. So what may seem one coler in the may be totally different in real life.

yah, thats why im asking people who own them what color they actually are. Im just saying that that pictures is what i would like, so how do any lights that people may have compare to that pic.

they are both the same kit made by one company. Sunbeam. And the blue at heatsink factory is extremely deep, i have 2 in my system as well as a red on the top of the case, gives for a sweet effect.

Cool, so the pic at heatsinkfactory is a true representation of the actual color? Is that what you saying. If thats the case i think im gona need to get me one o them.

Thx starfox, i may do that aswell. I have actually been thinking of getting a UV light, and getting some blue uv die for my watercooing system. :)

yea, you should. i posted some pics in my thread to give you a better idea. check it out :p

On the subject of blue LEDs, there are definitely differences among them. I have an Antec blue LED fan, and it's cool, but the wavelength leans a bit toward cyan. I'm not entirely sure that there's a color word for it, but we're big boys, and we can talk about wavelengths. =)

I also have a blue LED that I acquired from Directron, and it has a true blue color, much like Starfoxer valiantly photographed.

Back