• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying for 3.8ghz and BSOD Stop: 0x124...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
...um no, not really. But I take it my analysis was correct (ie cpu/nb has nothing to do with the north bridge)?
Spoken like a true teenager! LOL! :D

I guess that all depends on what you call the "northbridge". Historically speaking what we call the cpuNB is closer to being a "northbrdige" than what is now known as the "northbridge" (chipset). That's where the naming problem lies, if indeed there is a problem. The NB chipset is nothing more than an HT Link node that includes a video interface whether it be built-in video or not. Maybe the NB chipset should really be called HTvid??? It would be more accurate ...

Last edited:
I would suggest reapplying more TIM on your Sunbeam CCF. I filled in the gaps like you did and placed a very thin layer of goop, but it did not fare as well as expected. I redid it with another method, and it works better. Try placing a few 'lines' of AS5 on the base of the sink, and reseat the HSF again.

You can do a few mods to your CCF, namely adding an extra fan at the end, shrouds, etc. You just need a little imagination :)

Back