• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to find a Bluetooth screen casting dongle.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So my girlfriend had to move back home to take care of a relative, and the internet is less than stellar there. We want to be able to watch movies together over Skype screen share, and she wants to be able to put the call up on her TV. WiFi screen casting devices such as ChromeCast are definitely a no go. She's tried, and the internet is so slow that she just can't get it to work consistently for more than 5 minutes at a time. I recently recalled my father, some years ago, had this dongle thing that let him mirror his screen over Bluetooth, no WiFi necessary, and am now wondering if anyone knows of one I could buy? Amazon and Google have proven less than useful in my search.

There is no such Bluetooth screen casting device.
Bluetooth bandwidth does not allow screening of huge files such as movies.
You will have to attach a smart chip based USB screening device that screens the movie on the TV.

And also, if the Internet speed is less then you cannot really rely on the screen casting device as the Internet speed is the bottleneck in your case.

Just buy her a phone that has a mini hdmi port. If she can watch it on her phone ok, it should work fine. At least that's my gist. It almost sounds as if the internet speed itself is the problem though. ?
I lost internet for a month or so and used my phones unlimited att data plan to hotspot to my win7 tablet and then just hdmi'd that to my TV, logging into my buddy's spectrum tv acct.. Worked perfect actually. Almost as good as the regular connection from the local isp. 1080 on a 50" screen from my phone lol.

Back