• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to help a friend fix blue screens.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

So a friend of mine has started getting blue screens lately. He said it's happening at random. He sent me the .dmp file, which I opened with BlueScreenView, but from there I'm rather lost. So I'm hoping someone can help shed some light.

Here's the info from the .dmp file

Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+705c0
Bug check string: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check code: 0x0000000a
Parameter 1: 00000000`0000e824
Parameter 2: 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3: 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4: fffff800`03090ccb

Now, he recently bought a re-certified GTX470, and he's afraid that's what's causing the issue, and he'll have to send out his new card. He tried reinstalling windows, and is still getting the same issue. I don't know the 100% exact specifications on his system, but what I do know is it's a C2D system, don't know the exact proc, he just bought a new 4gb kit not too long ago, he has his GTX470 re-cert that he just bought, and this PSU (I know not the best, but should power a GTX470 perfectly fine).

So any ideas of what could be causing it or steps to take from here?

try and have him send you more specs to his computer .. and what steps he has been taking ... can he get through a windows load and update all drivers before a BSOD ? bug him a little more for some info

things id try just randomly would be to take out ram and install one stick testing system.. switching them if BSOD occurs .. check heat, and maybe run verifier for drivers ..

Back