• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to o/c my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The PLL# for my A7V-VM

I'm having a hard time trying to find the PLL# for my board.

So far these numbers per the gentlemen who wrote CpuCOOL tells me that none of these #'s correspond to the PLL# of my A7V-VM. HP tells me that my mobo isn't an Asus but a Lanai GLA? Whats this? They don't even now the PLL#.

The author of CpuCOOL told me he would add the PLL to his software if I purchased the registed version - $13.

So far these are the numbers I've found on my mobo next to the crystals

CSI
93C46S
0113H

TAIMAG
HA-003
TAIWAN 0125

4299-JQ
YTAPRH0119

I was almost sure this RealTek # was my PLL -
RTL8139C

He told me that this is my ethernet controller. CompuWolf would you know? Or know someone I can call to find my correct PLL#?

Thank you

sorry that cpucool wasnt much help, I only just installed it the other day in the hopes of overclocking a gateway with a celeron 1.8. I havent cracked the case yet to check the pll .I guess i now know what kind of result to expect.
The problem with these prebuilt units is that the manufacturers use the cheapest parts they can get ahold of and still build a functional computer. mobo are generic ( some are geriatric) with obscure names. This is why I went and built a new unit with an Ic7 III as a base

The only way your going to unlock that MB's FSB and Multiplier settings is to find a hacked BIOS for it and flash it. Only problem with that is you could kill the BIOS. You could try to google for one and may get lucky. I could look for you and maybe find one but I will not because if I find one and it kills your system I don't want it on my head, sorry. I hope you understand my position on this.

Actually a better and safer option would be to buy a preflashed bios chip - flashing a tattoed Bios with a hacked one imho would be risky.

CompuWolf said:
The only way your going to unlock that MB's FSB and Multiplier settings is to find a hacked BIOS for it and flash it. Only problem with that is you could kill the BIOS. You could try to google for one and may get lucky. I could look for you and maybe find one but I will not because if I find one and it kills your system I don't want it on my head, sorry. I hope you understand my position on this.

There's no way to find the PLL# for my board? HP keeps telling me I don't have a Asus but a Lanai GLA? I have Aida32, CPU-Z and the regular windows identifier and the all say I have an Asus A7V-VM. HP told me that they don't know the PLL# to my board?

The author of CpuCOOL emailed me and said that as long as I get the correct PLL#. He could add it to his software and I will be able to o/c the fsb.

I should be getting the 1.3 t-bird with hsf in a week. Its coming from Rochester, NY.

I'm trying every resource possible. I went to the HP forums sponsored by HP but they are dead with no traffic.

Any ideas on what else I can do?

Thanks CompuWolf

Last edited:
user4711 said:
sorry that cpucool wasnt much help, I only just installed it the other day in the hopes of overclocking a gateway with a celeron 1.8. I havent cracked the case yet to check the pll .I guess i now know what kind of result to expect.
The problem with these prebuilt units is that the manufacturers use the cheapest parts they can get ahold of and still build a functional computer. mobo are generic ( some are geriatric) with obscure names. This is why I went and built a new unit with an Ic7 III as a base

You may have a better result than I did. I know of 12 people who o/c their fsb with CpuCOOL and it works for them. It works as long as you can find the PLL#. On my board its somewhere hidden? Every# I've given is for something else and not the PLL.

I think you should try it. If you can find your PLL# and it's listed in CpuCOOL, your on your way. If you have your PLL# and it doesnt show up in CpuCOOL. Email the author and he will add it in.

Beginner

there seems to be confusion as to which board is in your computer. BELARC ADVISER can analyze your system and tell you exactly what you have.my gateway uses an intel845grg

OC Detective said:
HP give there mobo's unique product names such as Tahiti etc. Your mobo beginner will still be the Asus you mentioned.
For help actually identifying your clock generator physically on the mobo check out this link it may help you.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,1774651~root=ocusa~mode=flat~start=0

Thanks OC,

I read the whole thread and I'm looking around my cpu for my little boxes, here's what I found

There's one little box with ON, there's a circle around the ON and these numbers on it -

ZRNY0111

Then another little box, with an I, with these numbers

0AYYL TK
F125

Another little box

11BT
LM1431
ACM

Then another little oblong silver thingy that looks like the T134 crystal-

TXC
25 0D6NF

Are any of these the PLL?

Thanks guys

Is this mobo a Abit NF7-S v2 or Abit NF7-S2?

Hello guys,

I considering on purchasing this mobo/cpu/hsf combo. Can you tell me if its an Abit NF7-S v2 or Abit NF7-S2?

The first is the one that I've been recommended to buy but the description below confuses my newbness :p

Description

Awesome Motherboard Bundle

Abit NF7-S Motherboard (Version 2)
AMD Barton 2500+ CPU
Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu CPU Cooler ($50 Value)
Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compund
Combined value over $275 !!!

Mint condition motherboard bundle which includes a top rated copper fan preinstalled with Artic Silver 5 thermal compound using an AMD Barton 2500+ CPU (overclocks to 3200+ without any problem) on an award winning Abit NF7-S motherboard.

Motherboard manual, cables, back case plate are all included... Motherboard will have CPU and fan preinstalled...

Description:

ABIT NF7-S Revision 2 Motherboard

Supported CPU: AMD Duron/Athlon/Athlon XP Processors
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce2 SPP + MCP-T
FSB: 400/333/266MHz
RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR333/266 Max 3GB, 2x DIMM for DDR400 Max 2GB
IDE: 2x ATA 133 up to 4 Devices
Slots: 1x AGP 8X/4X, 5x PCI
Ports: 2xPS/2,2xCOM,1xLPT,SPDIF Out,6xUSB2.0(Rear 2),1xLAN,Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: nVIDIA SoundStorm APU(Dolby 5.1) + 6-Channel AC97 CODEC
Onboard LAN: 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
Onboard SATA/RAID: 2x Serial ATA, RAID 0/1
Onboard 1394: 2 Ports
Form Factor: ATX

AMB Athlon XP2500+ CPU 333 FSB (overclockable to 3200+ 400 Mhz Bus)

Model: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Core: Barton
Operating Frequency: 1.83GHz
FSB: 333MHz
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/512K
Voltage: 1.65V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket A
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+

ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler

Specification:
Compatibility:Intel Pentium 4 (Socket478), AMD Athlon/Duron/Athlon XP (Socket 462), and AMD Athlon 64 (Socket754) .
Dimensions: 109 (L) x 109 (W) x 62 (H) mm
Bearing Type: 2 Ball
Nominal Speed(RPM): 1350~ 2400
Max Air Flow:(CFM): Not Specified
Max Pressure: Not Specified
Heat Sink Material: Pure Copper
Rated Voltage: 12V DC
Noise(dBA): 20~ 25
Special Features: Adjustable fan speed controller(Fan Mate 1)enables control of noise and fan performance.

ARCTIC SILVER 5 THERMAL COMPOUND

Thermal Conductance: >350,000W/m2 °C (0.001 inch layer)
Thermal Resistance: <0.0045°C-in2/Watt (0.001 inch layer)
Average Particle Size: <0.49 microns <0.000020 inch
Extended Temperature Limits: Peak: –50°C to >180°C Long-Term: –50°C to 130°C
Performance: 3 to 12 degrees centigrade lower CPU full load core temperatures than standard thermal compounds or thermal pads when measured with a calibrated thermal diode imbedded in the CPU core
3c_12_s.JPG
d8_12_s.JPG
19_12_s.JPG
0b_12_s.JPG
01_12_s.JPG
53_12_s.JPG

I cashed out both of my $50 Price Club cards. I have money to buy this.

If it is the Abit NF7-S v2 which is the one I've been overwhelmingly recommended to get. This one does no have the blue ram slots. I was told the mobo with the blue slots are better?

Thanks

OC Detective said:
Actually a better and safer option would be to buy a preflashed bios chip - flashing a tattoed Bios with a hacked one imho would be risky.

OC where could I investigate on a preflashed bios chip to purchase? I googled for this but nothing comes up in regards to my mobo.

Also I sent you a pm on the above board. Can you clear up my confusion?

Thank you,

If I overclock my memory would PC3500 be better?

CompuWolf said:
If the price is right on this I would go for it. Should go 200/11 with some good PC3200 Ram. Check this link out, nice ram good ratings I have heard nothing but good things about it and the price is killer....

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-006&depa=0

Hello CompuWolf, with all the reading I've done in here and in my searches. Many guides and experienced members like yourself have recommended going with PC3500 for overclocking.

Do you agree? If so I will do a search for PC3500 from the same mfg'r.

With out regarding price, for overclocking and performance purposes. Would it be better to have 2 x 512 sticks of memory or 1 stick of 1gig? Reason I say this is for the following(again in all my reading), your memory is only as fast as its slower stick(when you have 2 or more).

Does a processor access ram quicker with 2 small memory sticks(say 2x512mb) or one large memory stick(say 1gig).

I purchases the Abit board with the barton 2500 and Zalmon fan and hs for $141.50.

Thank you for all your help CW, OC and all of the others who have contributed, I went to my local library and requested books on overclocking.

:attn:

CompuWolf,

Thanks for the link on memory, can you please take a look at the two following links?

This one is on PC3200 from the same mfg'r but with XBL technology. I read the details but it didn't specify much. Is this a better memory module than their regular PC3200?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-032&depa=0

This link is on PC4000. Lets say that the link above for the PC3200 w/XBL technology is better ram than the link you posted. Would this PC4000 still be better? The ram is really inexpensive. I still have some $ left to buy 1 gigs worth. Still waiting to here of 1 x 1 gig is better of 2 x 512mb = 1 gig is better.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-004&depa=0

Thank you for being so helpful,

Beginner

Last edited:
OC Detective said:
http://www.badflash.com/
My knowledge of Abits is limited so dont know about the blue v normal dimm slots.

Thanks for the reply OC, I've done so much reading that many members here have recommended blue slotted Abit NF7-S v2 over the black slotted ones.

Many have posted that the blue ones over clock better. I'm not sure. I did purchase the board for $141.50. From what I've read and seen what others have paid, it seems like a got a deal?

I should have it by next week. Right now I'm trying to find a ATX case with a good psu.

Thanks for all of your contributions

You would want two matching sticks of ram you can run them duel channel which is a faster mode option on most newer MB's. The reason I gave you the link to the 1GB, 2X512 PC3200 is that this ram runs a tight timing and runs at rated speed with no problem and can go a bit higher when you loosen the timing a bit say 2-3-3-11 from the stock 2-3-2-5. It is a fact that most NF MainBoards love a slightly looser timing, I run my Kingston HyperX 3200 at 2-3-2-11 and it loves it compared to tighter timings. As you can see by my sig I'm running 11/220 with a locked 2500 Barton and the main reasons I can run them speeds is a combination of ram timing, good cooling and luck. Most ppl with locked 2500 can't get this high but do get to 11/210 which is still a fair overclock.

Plus note: Another reason I gave you the link to the 1GB kit is most newer games run alot better and use less Page file space when running 1GB compared to 512.

CompuWolf said:
You would want two matching sticks of ram you can run them duel channel which is a faster mode option on most newer MB's. The reason I gave you the link to the 1GB, 2X512 PC3200 is that this ram runs a tight timing and runs at rated speed with no problem and can go a bit higher when you loosen the timing a bit say 2-3-3-11 from the stock 2-3-2-5. It is a fact that most NF MainBoards love a slightly looser timing, I run my Kingston HyperX 3200 at 2-3-2-11 and it loves it compared to tighter timings. As you can see by my sig I'm running 11/220 with a locked 2500 Barton and the main reasons I can run them speeds is a combination of ram timing, good cooling and luck. Most ppl with locked 2500 can't get this high but do get to 11/210 which is still a fair overclock.

Plus note: Another reason I gave you the link to the 1GB kit is most newer games run alot better and use less Page file space when running 1GB compared to 512.

Thank you for the breakdown CompuWolf. I understand better now. How about the link with the XLP memory?

The mobo I purchased(Abit NS7-S v2)has a 2500 Barton as well with a Zalmon hs and cooler. Your post on latency will do me very well :thup:

There's a newegg location not to far from me. I'm stopping buy tomorrow and pick up the mem. Just wanted to know if their XLP ram is better?

Last time I went to newegg they weren't helpful at all. They told me that I could NOT make my HP an open system. I'd rather get the info. from you instead of them.

Last edited:
OC Detective said:
http://www.badflash.com/
My knowledge of Abits is limited so dont know about the blue v normal dimm slots.

Thanks again for the link to badflash.com OC. I emailed them yesterday regarding my locked bios situation and this was their response -

I'm sorry, but we can't help you. This board was made specifically for HP and ASUS does not support it.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 2:12 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: HP Lanai GLA(Asus A7V-V) Mobo

Hello Jack,

I'm emailing you because I have a locked bios. My pc is an HP xt934 with a Lanai GLA mobo. CPU-Z and Aida32 recognize it as an Asus A7V-VM board. Bios is Phoenix 2.09 date 06/20/2001. I want to overclock my pc.

Your are my last hope. I contacted Phoenix, Asus and then HP they were no help. I even asked for my PLL# so that I could at least overclock the fsb with the CpuCOOL software. If you have a fix to my problem I will buy it.

Thank you,

Back