• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to update my Bios... but it won't let me.. NEED help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

I have updated my Bios before so this is nothing new to me but this new Bios from ABIT, for the KD7-Raid, the C8 bios...
just doesn't seem to want to work.

I create an MS dos Start up bootdisk in XP under the format disk option just like normal.
download the awardflash utility to the floppy.
download the C8 bios to the desktop, extract it by double clicking it and copying the 4 files to my floppy disk, just like normal...

reboot.

then it all looks right, it gets right to the colorful Dos screen and looks like it's gonna do it...
then it says...

"The Program Files Part Number Does Not Match With Your System"

then doesn't let me do anything.
it's really annoying, cause I know this is the right bios.
I go to Abit's website, to the page with my motherboard, click on Bios on the same page and download the proper Bios Update and have a printed copy of thier instructions...
follow it.
and nothing happens.

last time this was very easy.
this time... nothing happens...:mad:

can anyone give me an idea of what I may be doing wrong?
this is very frustrating...:confused:

Kunaak

This seems to be a common problem with that bios. You could always use the /F switch and force the flash but then if anything goes wrong you are on your own.

I wouldn't think there is a Bios protection on, cause I flashed the bios about 2 weeks ago in nearly the same manner.
this Bios just seems to be giving me a headache cause it doesn't wanna install.

but I don't wanna force it to install either.

does this /F force the install on other ABIT boards??

cuz i'm having the same problem with my old kt7a raid mobo. and i asked and asked and no one said to use /f to force a flash, so if that works.................

anyhow, on my board i flashed with a rev. 1.3 bios to a revision 1.1 board, now it won't let me flash any of the 1.1 rev. bioses, because it thinks my board is a rev. 1.3

so are you sure you flashed with the correct version last time? (not even sure if there are diff. versions for your mobo, but i am 99.99% sure this is my problem, and I get the same message you do so I thought I would throw it out here)

I went from the original Bios, to the B8 bios, and now want to get the C8 bios...

theres not much to mess up.

The C8 might either be corrupted or the file IS actually wrong & the fault of Abit. Did you email them to find out?

i know you already said you didn't want to do this, just thought i'd say that flashing with the /f switch worked for me.

I fixed this about 2 days ago, with the CS bios, I found it on the forums at Abit's website.
the C8 bios is still junk, doesnt work

Back