• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Armor + upper HD cage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sHape oF gReY

Does anyone here use TT Armor with the upper HD cage?

I was thinking about moving my HDDs in the upper cage rather than the iCage at the bottom to:

1. Make cable management A LOT easier.
2. Un-restrict the 120mm intake at the bottom.

Problem is , it looks like using the upper HD cage would block about 85% of my PSU intake and put some restriction on the 80/92mm exhaust fan.

Which would be lesser of two evils, because it looks like either way I do it I will end up restricting airflow.

psionic98

personally I'd rather not restrict the air over the cpu.. especially since the air that is coming in if you were to put the hdds in there will now be hot already from the hdds before hitting the cpu.. so reduced airflow plus making it pre-warm/hot before hand.. totally bad!

imho id put the hdds on bottom and restrict overall case flow since it would be lesser evil unless your cpu is already running very cool

OP
sHape oF gReY

sHape oF gReY

As far as the CPU goes, its in line with another 120 intake fan (above the HDD rack) and the rear 120mm exhaust.

Kinda like this:

Exhaust CPU Intake
[X]<-----[X]<----[X]
120mm 120mm 120mm

So I'm not sure how much of an impact its going to have on cold air avaliability to the CPU. I'll try get some pix up.

---------------

doodle.jpg

Last edited:

xtreeme

Disabled
I have built several computers based on Armor, and I have found that the upper cage causes PSU's to be very noisy since the cage covers the psu fan.
So all the guys I have built for are running without upper cage.

At least one of the guys actually uses velcro on his system disk that he has placed up there - he did place it all the way out against the door.

Anyway - I always fancied Armor - one of the better cabinets TT ever have made imo :)

Here is the Armor I did have some time ago (aftersome modding to achieve good cablemanagement ;) )

wbezqe.jpg

Last edited: