• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt heta spreaders?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

Tt heat spreaders?

Quick question. Do the Tt heat spreaders fit on Crucial PC 2100 DDR? Or should I ask this in memory? Will they fit without doing any extra modding?

Last edited:
I don't think memory needs a heatsink unless you go really high. Mine was running 154fsb i touch it it wasn't that hot.

I hope so. I bought them a while back but they didnt fit on my cheap generic SDR. Ill cut the vid card memory to fit on my 7500 when I get it. Sorry to hear about your system. (It always caught my eye with your blue and white colors:) ) I'm on a roll 2nite. Ive had 2 new threads answered within a couple minutes. Gilamesh, I know I probably dont need it but it looks much better and I already have them.

*Also they dont fit on Kingmax PC2100 DDR

Last edited:
They did fit on the Crucial DDR. I finally got it today and used the clips to hold them on. i used both because I thought the sinks were loose on the memory.

They do fit just fine on Crucial DDR DIMMs, but they won't make any difference in temps. They look nice, that's all. But a word of warning: Test your DIMM before installing the heatsinks, because it voids your warranty... I RMAd a 256MB Registered PC2100 module to Crucial and they refused it.

SDR and DDR DIMMs are about the same size. The Tt 'sinks fit just fine on the two sticks of PC2100 in my machine even though the RAM was from two different companies.

I dont think they would be able to tell if I had them on as I used the clips and to thermal stuff of any kind. I didnt think they would make any difference as mem does not get hot and the sinks are very thin. They just look better than bunch of blocks. Although you cant see the Crucial sticker which looks cool.

Back