• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT vs EK for core P5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sheepy121

Hi All,

I have just finished my Core P5 build and wall mounted it, I am now ready to look at open loop water cooling. This is my first build.
I have access to EK and TT parts here in the south tip of the world. I noticed the TT parts are quite allot cheaper.
After doing some googling I am struggling to find a comparison of the TT parts vs EK. If the Ek parts are going to last allot longer and perform allot better I don't mind paying the premium.

My current Build:
i5 3570k
Maximus V Formula
MSI 970 gaming 4 g
Samsung 4k monitor
OCZ agility 3 ssd
Core p5 case
800 w gold std psu
32 gigs corsair ram

Water cooling build:
EK-COOLSTREAM PE 480 (QUAD) OR TT PACIFIC RL480
EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM ELITE OR THERMALTAKE PACIFIC PT40 RESERVOIR/PUMP COMBO
EK-SUPREMACY EVO ELITE EDITION OR TT PACIFIC W2

The 1080 I just ordered comes with Ek block (msi sea hawk) and for the fittings I am using ek.

Due to the massive price difference between TT and EK, if the TT goods are going to work and last I would like to go with them. Any advise will be hugely appreciated.

20160702_135838 (Custom).jpg

go with the Tt pacific pump/res, the p5 was made for it, to mount another pump/res you have to drill and that means a complete teardown, the rest I would go with the EK pieces.
I have this case, it's great for display but a little tough to work on and in.

Attachments

• PIC_1050.JPG
    PIC_1050.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 493
Back