• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatin 1.1 base temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

Just curios if anyone has info on the 1.1 Tully base temperatures. I'm currently working on a project to keep one such at very low temps using only passive cooling.

Cheers, for any help

OP
flixotide

flixotide

Sorry.... Idle temperature... what is the standar idle temperature :eek:)

I can't seem to find the tables on Intel's pages...

Cheers, Flixotide

Celemine1Gig

Hello,

there is no standrd idle temperature of a CPU. The temperature depens on your room temperature, the CPU's VCore and the cooling you use!
My room temperature for example is about 18-20°C, I use and Thermalright SLK800 Heatsink with a Delta 80mm EHE [email protected](~2600 RPM), 4 Sunon 42CFM(rating at 12V) Case 80mm case [email protected] and a 120mm Delta 107CFM(rating at 12V)fan, also @7V.

My idle temperature of my Celeron 1,0 GHz A at 1,33GHz with 1,35V Vcore is about 29-30°C and my full load temp is about 35-36°C!

If you want to passive cool such a Celeron 1,1GHz CPU at it's standard speed, then just keep in mind that you have to lower the VCore to get acceptable temps. For example I can run my Celeorn 1,0 Ghz stable at 1,2V Vcore with very low temps --> it could be passive cooled at that speed and shouldn't exceed temps of approximately 50°C at full load!!! Your idle temp should be about 40°C if you passive cool your Celeron 1,1Ghz @1,2V Vcore, I think.

Good luck with you setup!

Regards

Ingo

OP
flixotide

flixotide

Thanks for the info Ingo.... I just recalled once reading the idle temps for P2's on a spec sheet on Intel's developer pages.. surely from some point of room temperature.

Nevertheless, it will be an interesting task to passive cool the thing, when I read your temps.

My room temperature is around 20-22 celsius, I've opted for a rather challenging setup for the celeron.

Chieftec Dragon Micro ATX
MSI MS-6368 micro ATX board
Tualatin Boxed... until I find the right cooling profile
Seagate Baracuda 120 Gb (low idle temp according to storagereview)

Its a bit of a challenge I think, due to the fact that its a very small case. But then again it has onboard graphics, nic and such. Oh... btw.. Its supposed to run as a server only... so it probably never will reach 100% CPU load... hardly over 10% under normal circumastances.

Cheers, Flixotide

OP
flixotide

flixotide

BTW - can anyone recommend a good socket 370 cooling profile? passive only..

I've got my eyes set for thermalright AX7, but it seems a bit too dense for passive cooling only.

Cheers, Flixotide

Mr. $T$

NewEgg Has one it is the Zalman All copper heatsink it is not the best but probally the best for passave because of its large Fins.

But seeing that you are not from around here (US) than I have no idea where you can get one :eh?: