• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing at usplastics.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
specific said:
54007 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD x 1/8" Wall Tygon(R) Medical/Surgical Tubing

$3.19/ft

There. That's the stuff.
Most use the R-3603 formulation which is part # 57121 - 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD 1/8" wall. It is $2.91/foot. That is what I use and won't use anything else.

OP
penquissciguy

penquissciguy

mamisano said:
Too expensive... Just get ClearFlex-60 from www.mcmaster.com PN# 5231K237 $0.65/foot.

Yeah, this was my second choice. I know Tygon is the best stuff for this, but I can't bring myself to spend ~30 bucks on plastic tubing. I was just wondering if anyone had tried the cheap route and bought the stuff from US Plastics. I may still buy some, just to try it out. Thanks for your input.

Ken

blsnelling1

Part# 57120 is 3/32" wall and part# 57121 is 1/8" wall. D-tek sells the 3/32" wall @ $2.65/ft and DD sells the 1/8" wall @ $2.90/ft. I guess the stuff from DD is better stuff, less likely to kink.

Korndog

i got the Bev-A-Line IV Tubing from usplastics
i got that stuff for my water cooling and at my retail store for fountain drinks, which has 40psi of coke surup and co2, very strong, doesn't kink and comes in long lengths (i ordered 10 50' peices :D) the 1/8" wall is great!
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...A-Line+Tubing&product_id=Bev-A-Line+IV+Tubing

//edit
just gotta quote this from the tubing page
Bev-A-Line® IVs lower friction coefficient and excellent chemical resistance allow easy passage of solids, alcohols, acids, caustics and solvents. The smooth interior surface is exceptionally resistant to the absorption of liquids providing a neutral and stain-free environment that remains translucent
now i know why my tubing doesn't stain, duh!;)