• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turbo Bios for KK266 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EXTREMEONE

Registered
I am getting my first KK266 and I am going to be putting a 1.33 AMD T.B. on it with
256 mb of pc 133 cas 2 micron ram. I found a copy of the turbo bios for this board
ver.KK0307.bin is this the correct one for this board? It is not the raid just the straight up
KK266. Also this bios I down loaded did not come with a flash utility, can I use the one from the older bios version I found on the IWILL web site ( ver. KK0305.bin)???

yes that bios is great. I have the kk266r and the bios for my board is kkr0307.bin. You can use the flash utility that comes with the older bios if you want. what i did was i downloaded the turkoc bios and i extracted the .bat file into my iwill bios directory. i then edited the .bat file by exchanging the name of the turk bios with the kkr0307.bin. i then restarted my computer in ms-dos mode (i run win98 ) and went into my bios directory and ran the .bat file. :)

What brings caution to me about that is that there is a date at the top of the older
flash utility. Will this confuse the new bios or is that just the release date
for the flash utility ??

if you couldn't use the older awdflash then iwill would have put a new 1 up on their website :) by now they would have gotten thousands of emails about needing to rma out new bios chips if it didn't work. heheheh. anyway i downloaded the kkr0307.bin from iwill and i used the awdflash.exe from the kkr0305 bios myself and im using my computer now so i guess it works :) btw, i used awdflash version 7.76b and my modified bat file contains:

AWDFLASH kkr0307.BIN /SN /PY /CP /CD /CC /R /LD

all i did was take the turkoc bios bat file and exchange the name of my bin filefor theirs. If you wish to use this then replace kkr0307.bin with kk0307.bin and save in a bat file. I'll try to attach my awdflash.exe that i used to update my bios to this post 8)

does the latest iwill bios support turbo and 4 way interleaving like the turc bios?
I understand that is why their bios was so much better than iwill

the easiest and fastest way that i've upgraded my bios is this:

download and put the *.bin file on a regular floppy with nothing else on it...
then i reboot and press 'alt+f2' (or something like that when the computer starts) and it flashes it automatically...

no need to make any *.bat files or the sort...
i did this on my kk266 with the kk0305 and kk0307 and it worked flawlessly.

sparks (Mar 23, 2001 07:51 a.m.):
does the latest iwill bios support turbo and 4 way interleaving like the turc bios?
I understand that is why their bios was so much better than iwill

yes it does, and the iwill bios has much better "intermediate" settings than the turkoc bios. i've run both and the iwill bios is good to go :)

cel950 (Mar 23, 2001 12:14 p.m.):
the easiest and fastest way that i've upgraded my bios is this:

download and put the *.bin file on a regular floppy with nothing else on it...
then i reboot and press 'alt+f2' (or something like that when the computer starts) and it flashes it automatically...

no need to make any *.bat files or the sort...
i did this on my kk266 with the kk0305 and kk0307 and it worked flawlessly.

dohhh!!! someone slap me :)

cel950 does that have to be a boot floppy with system files or just a plain floppy?

sparks (Mar 23, 2001 04:03 p.m.):
cel950 does that have to be a boot floppy with system files or just a plain floppy?

a plain floppy with the *.bin file. no need to be bootable because you don't go far enough into the post to have anything boot...

well I gave this a shot. It says it can't find awardflash.exe
so I put the flash on the floppy and same thing.

While I am here I will ash you iwillers if you know what the board layout
is for shared IRQ's

Is there a diagram showing what slots share with each other and and which slots share with things like usb and onboard sound?

I finally got this thing up and running, minimum stuff, I have not got everything installed yet.

I went 10.5x133 just to see what was up and 1466 with a junk cooler was nice. ( its just a $9.00 tornado 2 ) they were out of alphas and I just can't find the strength to put in my water cooler and pelter.

I would say don't get a tornado unless you have some tough fingers that damn clip sucks big time and the fan blows, no blows down on the cooler and I think I could blow more air thru a waterhose.
So I will try upping the memory and stuff later, once I get the cooler stuff sorted out.

I think this is the first time I have been more than 2 hrs getting a new system up. LOL

been 4 days and still just goofing around with it..
I hate to reinstall everything so I will try and stip the hardware references out of windows and move the drives over to the new one and see if it will go..

i'm not sure but if you have more than 2 devices on a irq port play "musical pci cards" until you don't have the situation anymore. i think you can change some of the irq addresses in the bios as well. someone needs to make some new irq's already :)

Back