• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

turn off monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
yeah, sure why not, I'll save the bit of energy that it dosent when it's turned off rater than in standby....nice thread topic btw :p

Disputant

I used to when I traveled more, just in case it stormed to avoid power surges. I can't remember in the last 6 months or so when I may have turned it off.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i dont turn off the computer but i turn it off at night so i can sleep

beezee

I don't see why you shouldn't turn off your monitor if you're going to shut down your comp. I'd say why not take the extra 2 seconds to push another button while shutting down your comp. It'll save energy and money (I know not THAT much....) Plus I wouldn't doubt that it would probably prolong the life of your monitor?

baqai

i turn off my monitor when ever i am not using my computer, it saves energy, and turning off the computer puts the monitor in standby mode but its my habbit to turn off the monitor as well

OP
S

supra33202

I thought monitors have standby mode, so that they can turn on easily without using much electricity. Will I hurt my monitor if I press the power button on and off all the time?

DDR-PIII

Disabled
supra33202 said:
I thought monitors have standby mode, so that they can turn on easily without using much electricity. Will I hurt my monitor if I press the power button on and off all the time?

Hrm, I dont think so, i've got a Phillips Monitor here that i've had for like 5 years or so and I've always turned it off and the button still works liek new :) the spring is just as firm also :)