• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TUSL2-C New BETA Bios 1014tc001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan

Does it keep 4x AGP when OCing a CPU over 14x FSB (I forget the exact FSB when it forces 2x AGP on the video card)?

h2k

I got this bios a while back, but my chip can't take a 140 bus, so I can't tell you :(

But I'm pretty sure the limitation still exists :(

NeoGeo

The latest "official" bios from asus removed the agp limitation as well as the dpc mask limit on the memory. I know this because I was using the x-86secet's hacked bios(1012), updated to the official asus bios(1014), punched in my old OC settings and 4x agp was not turned off according to WCPUID and my games!

o770

thats cool. finally asus! now i just hope they keep that in the final release.

how high you got the FSB with the agp interface still set to 4x?

mine is at 140MHz, AGP 4x, 1012 final release by asus.

NeoGeo

I have been able to run it up to 132 fsb, my chip is a 1.2 tualeron, with the /3 divider. I remember with the old bios, it would set agp 2x on any fsb higher than ~110mhz

OP
Kiriakos

Kiriakos

I do not OC any more , but the news about the AGP x4 is good news ..

What is this ( dpc mask limit ) i am years in computers ,and i have never know such of setting ?!

NeoGeo

My bad, I was getting two setting jumbled up, it's called cpc(command per clock) mask and the one that starts with a d is dpcp(dram page closing policy).

You can find more in depth explanations at this great site, here

OP
Kiriakos

Kiriakos

Thanks for the info i will have a look .

(edit)

Oh i see , well i do not consider the cpc(command per clock) mask ,as one critical factor of performance , my old tests with the hacked bios ,it does not show any difference in the Sandra Mem benchmark .

Last edited:
OP
Kiriakos

Kiriakos

I have the Bios over a week , and it works fine as all the Bios that i have get from Asus ..

Did any one find any details of what is the fixes in depth .

OP
Kiriakos

Kiriakos

ASUS with the Bios fixes and explanations is so good ,as the Olympus , with the digital cameras and their firmware releases , you have to visit a fortuneteller in order to learn what the news are ..