• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tv Card Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IdreamofDSl

Is It possible to get "pay" channels on a tv card with sort of a software decoder? I don' t realy want a cable box on my computer desk.

Any of you guys ever hear of such a thing?

I have had a tv card for sometime and I've seen many people ask the same question many times. I have yet to see any program or hardware mod that could get pay channels. I don't think a program would be capable to decode a pay channel signal. Don't ask me why, I just have that feeling, otherwise I bet we would have seen programs a long time ago to get us those pay channels.

IdreamofDSl said:
Is It possible to get "pay" channels on a tv card with sort of a software decoder? I don' t realy want a cable box on my computer desk.

Any of you guys ever hear of such a thing?

two things....

1.) I don't think there is actually any software that is able to do such a thing, the hardware itself must be capable of decoding the signal....which leads me to my second point..

2.) any type of discussion relating to "decoding" or otherwise, a service that usually is "paid" for is not a topic that belongs in the forums. Any attempt to "decode" anything that usually needs specific hardware from the provider, or that must be paid for falls under the term "theft of service" and that is a big taboo here at the forums, not allowed to even speak of such things.

I wouldn't take this thread any further....

just my $.02 ;)

Some time ago i looked for the software. All I ended up with was lots of popups, empty links and software that didn't work.

When it come to the legal and moral stuff, I've got a cable decoder, just wanted to view those channels on my PC as well.. But no.. Oh, alright!

Back