• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV occasionally doesn't register HTPC input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So here's a weird one. For the past month or so, my TV - a Vizio OLED55- H1 - doesn't recognize my HTPC as an input, it just sits at a "No Input Detected" message.

At first I thought it was an issue with the HTPC going to sleep, as it doesn't happen when it's first powered on. But no, it started happening even with the PC up and running, either turning off the TV and back on, or switching inputs and switching back.

I tried switching HDMI ports on the TV, updating the 1060 drivers, and different HDMI cables, no luck.

I'm about 75% confident it's due to the TV firmware, the issue only popping up after updating to the latest version. I just wanted to check for other ideas before reaching out to Vizio directly.

Swap over to a laptop or other pc hooked up to the TV to rule out all hardware at once? That’s probably what I would do. I have a Samsung 65” that was doing the same thing for about two weeks and then quit doing it. Not sure if maybe a janky firmware came out and then was fixed (tv auto update) or maybe some Windows update. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll play with it a bit more.

I did have a little netbook hooked prior to the update and it seemed to work fine, and the TV seemed to work alright for the 2, 3 days after the HTPC was hooked up prior to the update.

But the issue is so intermittent (2-5 times a week depending on how often I use the HTPC) that doesn't mean much.

Back