• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV out help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I have a 9700 pro built by ATI and have yet to get my TV out to work. The cables are all set up but no image coming out on the tv when I play w/ the display settings. Nvidia seemed so much easier to set up!
Thanks,
Puer

The Coolest

its actually VERY easy.
Go to display settings, Advanced, Displays and click the "Power" button on the picture with the TV. This should bring the picture to your TV, you can then adjust whatever you want to suit your TV better. Then you can even use your TV as an extended desktop, or just a mirror of your monitor

*EDIT:* Edited a typo.

Last edited:
OP
Puer Aeternus

Puer Aeternus

The Coolest said:
its actually VERY easy.
Go to display settings, Adnaved, Displays and click the "Power" button on the picture with the TV. This should bring the picture to your TV, you can then adjust whatever you want to suit your TV better. Then you can even use your TV as an extended desktop, or just a mirror of your monitor

This is exactly what I did before posting and thought I musta had something wrong. TV out worked w/ my Nvidia card. Any other suggestions?

(Thanks the Coolest..glad you confirmed I was doing the right steps)

The Coolest

I know that I couldn't connect my old TV to the computer as I got a message that it can't find the TV, I never tried using the TV out on an nVidia card as I don't have one with a TV Out port, but with my new TV everything works great