• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV Tuner Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

I have been looking for a TV tuner card for quite soem time now. With the latest post on them I have given it some new consideration. I want to record shows, and would like to be able to pause them while they are being broadcast. I would also like a TV guide lilke is available on the All-in-wonder radeon. I just have a problem with a video card and a TV card in one, what is later I want to upgrade either, then I have to throw both out, not gonna happen.

I have been looking at the TV Wonder by ATI (not to be confused with the VE version) and the Studio PCTV pro. It looks like both are good cards, although I have read some bad things about the Studio's support. The Studio has a remote which is a plus but does it have the PVCR capabilities? I know that neither has the TV Guide that I am looking for but I can work around that. Does anyone have either card? What do you think of it and how do you think it would fit my application of just sitting around watching TV, possibly recording movies or shows, getting that illegal software and watching pay-per-view movies. Which would be better or should I consider any others?

Thanks
yog

PINNACLE PCTV beats ATI

i purchase pinnacle pctv long time ago, and i'm still using it.

its cheaps ati's expensive toys. and new drivers (v5.10) coming with great filters for audio and video filters. vcr looking good.

Pinnacle PCTV rocks with new drivers!!! :burn:

if purchase it don't forget to getting new drivers, old bundle drivers are so weak!

have a nice watching :)

Back