• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweaking laptop voltage/clocks for Overwatch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoreyC

tl;dr: What program can I use to monitor/log stuff so you can point where the problem is?

been working at this for a month and I need some help. I'm on a lenovo y50-70 with gtx 960m and i7 4720hq. i've tried overclocking, undervolting, but I can't figure out why my framerate in Overwatch is so wonky and unstable. Furmark clearly improves when my GPU is overclocked and doesn't seem to overheat or throttle, but Overwatch bounces frames around 25% (which I think means it is throttling), and crashes. Also can't tell clearly if gpu overclock/cpu undervolt+underclock is even doing anything except making it crash.

I've been using Throttlestop, Intel XTU, EVGA Precision X16, Nvidia Inspector, Speedfan, Furmark, Heaven, CPU-Z, Speedfan... just need to understand why what should be working doesn't seem to. Thanks

first i would rest everything including fresh OS/driver install ,
then install/start the game at stock setting , launch the game with mid to low setting and check how it is performing , this should be your baseline , from here you can monitor your fps / cpu / ram and gpu usage . using after msi burner then start tweaking your setting and monitor your temp .

Back