• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmos 3200 (info and question)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaunBrewer

I bought 2 x 256mb Twinmos 3200 (winbond)

I have these running at n x 212fsb (7222) 100% stable I am very happy. (Abit NF7-S v2)

The memory was fairly inexpensive and runs better than expected without increasing the voltage.

Will the 512mb version clock as well ?

Also I am in the US next week are there any 'walk in PC stores' in Chicago with similar prices to online if I can't get delivery to my hotel?

Thanks

Shaun

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
Most walk in stores don't have the quality and selection that
you and I are used to buying from online. Here in Chicagoland
we have the basic CompUSA, Best Buy, and Microcenter.

All three will overcharge you, and only carry basic brands.
I can't imagine anyone buying anything from any of the stores
without a special sale going on, or knowing someone there who
can hook you up with a discount.

There is a Computer show this Sunday on the 18th though if
you're looking for halfway decent stuff.

OP
ShaunBrewer

ShaunBrewer

Lonely Raven thanks for the info,

I am still trying to sort delivery to my hotel as that would be the easiest for me.

Shaun

OP
ShaunBrewer

ShaunBrewer

Loneley Raven,

Please where is the computer fair/show. I am now in US and failed miserably to get anyone to deliver to hotel and or accept international credit cards. I don't understand it. I can put the card in an ATM or buy in the shops but not online?!

Thanks

Shaun

reef

Registered
The 512Mb sticks are very nice too. Currently running a stick of it at 209MHz (DDR418) 2-2-7-2 with a slight boost in voltage to 2.7v (2.66v actual on this Abit).

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
I'm sorry bro, I've been on vacation all week and I didn't check
the web board.

I would have been happy to have helped a brother overclocker
too, but as I said, I was on vacation.

And to top that off, my work screwed up my paycheck so I didn't
see it till today when I was supposed to get it last Wed. (Sigh)..

OP
ShaunBrewer

ShaunBrewer

Lonely Raven,

Hope the vacation was good dispite the paycheck problem!

I have given up with the online stores - did not seem to get any joy.

Had a look in a CompUSA, prices better online in the UK.

Are there any stores in Chicago (centre) that would have the SLK900? In the UK that is going to set be back about £50 all in ($80)

I can get a 1700+ (DLT3C Guarenteed) for about the same so I don't think the US prices are so much better here and if I get a DOA more of a problem.

Thanks again

Shaun

Thaibog

Shaun mate..why are you going to the states for twinmos...

Go here and buy the generic pc3200 it is the new twinmos with powerchip chips..i have mine running at 217 mhz cas 2 512mb...

they seem superiour to the winbond version.....

they only cost £45 a peice also..we get better twinmos than the yanks do..

hehehehe

mad andy

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=25748&t=1014&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=17&GrpID=9&s=pl

that is the exact link....

even though it does not say twin mos it is..i have purchased 30 sticks using that link and the new powerchip versions are the best i have used..it runs stable at pc3500..but hurry the chips change normally for the better but sometimes for the worse..

hehehe

OP
ShaunBrewer

ShaunBrewer

Thaibog,

Not looking to buy memory in the US, agree twinmos is great and inexpensive.

I have been buying the Twinmos winbond and been very happy however will look into what you have said!

Thanks for the heads up

Shaun

kamz

twinmoss with winbond fly... but the 512 ones dont clock as high as 256 mate

Thaibog

The old winbond where pretty good but i found the twinmos with mtec more stable in dual configuration with an a7n8x...the newer generic twinmos pc3200 are using the new PSC " powerchip" {released on the 12th may}chips and these rock ..i have had 10 sticks del;iverd here and exh one runs at 217 mhz 2-2-3-6...

they are not as good in dual channel though and 204 mhz is the most i can get...out of the three different types thw inbond handle the tightest timings at 2-2-2-6 or 7 at over 210 mhz...

But the psc twimos pc3200 is the daddy in my opinion...

i am lucky enough to have 35 sticks of 512 to test of all types..

hehehe

cheers

mad andy

OP
ShaunBrewer

ShaunBrewer

Update

2 x 256mb Twinmos 3200 (winbond)

I have these now running at n x 216fsb (7222) 100% stable I am very happy. (Abit NF7-S v2)

Testing 218fsb just over 2 hours tesing so far looking good. will know tomorrow.

Shaun

the hammer

ShaunBrewer said:
Update

2 x 256mb Twinmos 3200 (winbond)

I have these now running at n x 216fsb (7222) 100% stable I am very happy. (Abit NF7-S v2)

Testing 218fsb just over 2 hours tesing so far looking good. will know tomorrow.

Shaun

Yeah, this twinmoss is the s**t. After burning in for a few days at 216fsb @ 7-2-2-2, I now am able to run 5-2-2-2 at 216fsb. Beats both my Corsair XMS3200c2 that i still have and the Mushkin PC3500 that I tried for a couple weeks and then returned.

Hammer