• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

two pump problem??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimstandard

ok i have a hydor l20 and a via aqua 1300, the reason i got the via aqua is because the impeller of the hydor is snapped and only works occasionally i am going to be running a system with a large resevoir, i previously used a T-line, would there be problems having the via aqua pushing the water and the hydor sucking the water, i realize that the via aqua's GPH far exceeds the Hydors, so would this cause problems?.

repilce

I'm not certian but an educated guess would tell me yes it would be a problem, cause the L30 is desgined to only have the max flow it was rated for go through it... so it could act as a big l-bow in your system.. or worse.. */anyone else....?

jhl3

if u r going to do push pull then both pumps need to be equally rated for best results. to put one in line that is only working ocassionally would be problematic.