• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two questions about: cassette recorder and cassettes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[email protected]

Hello everyone!
I have a question about the cassette recorder Panasonic RQ-L319 and cassettes,
Is the Panasonic RQ-L319 good for recording music? if so what are the ideal volumes and all that stuff?
And another question, What cassettes should i buy to record music? I saw These two 1 2
and i wonder which one is better? and if the sony cassettes are better is it worth the extra 12$?

LutaWicasa

, Immutable, Administrator
No....recording music on that (whether internal or external mic is used) will produce extremely low quality playback.

OP
M@rk

[email protected]

No....recording music on that (whether internal or external mic is used) will produce extremely low quality playback.

Hmm.. Thanks!
How can i make the quality better or how can i record it on a cassette without buying anything expensive?

Just put a small MP3 player inside the cassette player...

I dont want to put a MP3 player cause i want it to play a cassette, But its a good idea :)

LutaWicasa

, Immutable, Administrator
I call BS on that.....look above that ad at others ;)

Besides....I can only imagine the sound quality using the speaker on that cassete player will be suckage no matter the quality of the tape it's playin'

Last edited:
OP
M@rk

[email protected]

It's hard to find a "MP3 cassette" nowadays, but Bluetooth "cassettes" are still easy to find. Would that work?
https://smile.amazon.com/Audio-Cassette-Adapter-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00I3YLHAC/
I still think your best bet is to modify the Walkman, unless it's a rare one you would want to keep as is.

Thats cool but eh.. I want to put it inside a walkman and see it spinning and making noise (Well thats what its called nowadays because of the quality) and stuff :p, But thanks!
Also how can i modify the walkman? i will listen to it with headphones btw cause the speaker is so bad :-/.

And here you can see not only me looking for it :p thats actually pretty cool.

OP
M@rk

[email protected]

Hmm, Maybe buy a tape deck?
I dont want anything expensive (Above 10$) cause i will really only use it to record about 5? hours.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Too bad - I threw away all my old cassettes about 2 months ago...would have shipped to you!

Pinky

When cassettes fell out of favor in lieu of CDs and eventually MP3s/digital music, NO ONE MISSED THEM. Please please please just use something else. :p