• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two questions about Fallout 4 on PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

1. has anyone tried Nvidia's DSR w/this title?

2. is there anyway to get NPC's to actually wear the armor you give them?

As usual, Fallout 4 on the PC was as buggy as a picnic in the Everglades if you don't have a standard aspect ratio monitor. But after applying the tweaks found out by the Fallout 4 community I have yet to have a single CTD, which is a minor miracle in comparison to Fallout 3.

OP
M

magellan

While in their inventory screen, highlight the item you want them to wear and hit T.

In Fallout 3 all you had to do was give the NPC's better armor and they would automatically equip it. This worked though, thanks.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
My dog looks sweet in his doggy armor and collar.

I can't seem to do any upgrades to his doggy armor though...

OP
M

magellan

My dog looks sweet in his doggy armor and collar.

I can't seem to do any upgrades to his doggy armor though...

Does the armor actually help the dog though? It seems like dog armor has no stats?

I don't like the fact your companion NPC's can't die, because that just means I run for my life whenever deathclaws or gargantuan mutants show up or I'm getting badly beat up.

I also don't like the fact when I tell an NPC companion to stay, he won't defend himself from attacks -- at least it seems that way.

JrClocker

I don't think it does anything...looks cool though.

If you haven't done it yet, give the dog a Teddy Bear!

OP
M

magellan

I don't think it does anything...looks cool though.

If you haven't done it yet, give the dog a Teddy Bear!

Yep, the dog likes his teddy bears!

I wonder if the dog was added as a reference to the cult movie: A Boy and His Dog?

This movie is probably the only one I really liked Don Johnson in -- although it probably didn't make him much money.

Soulcatcher668

Yep, the dog likes his teddy bears!

I wonder if the dog was added as a reference to the cult movie: A Boy and His Dog?

This movie is probably the only one I really liked Don Johnson in -- although it probably didn't make him much money.

Very few people know that movie and even fewer the actual book.
Your dog in fallout 3 was named Dogmeat and that was the homage to 'A Boy and His Dog'. One could say that Dogmeat in fallout 4 is an homage to an homage. :)

OP
M

magellan

Very few people know that movie and even fewer the actual book.
Your dog in fallout 3 was named Dogmeat and that was the homage to 'A Boy and His Dog'. One could say that Dogmeat in fallout 4 is an homage to an homage. :)

I never actually used the dog as a companion in Fallout3 -- I remember thinking he was trying to attack me when I met him so I wasted a large amount of ammo trying to kill him.

A Boy and His Dog was a very strange movie and the ending was black humor.

I've also wondered if the many shopping carts and the Raiders in Fallout 3 were an homage to The Road.

JrClocker

I'm glad they created a new version of Butcher Pete for Fallout 4 (was my favorite song from Fallout 3)..."He's hackin', he's wackin', he's slashin'..."

My #2 favorite song now is "Grandma Plays The Numbers"...well, what do you know?

kyfire

I'm glad they created a new version of Butcher Pete for Fallout 4 (was my favorite song from Fallout 3)..."He's hackin', he's wackin', he's slashin'..."

My #2 favorite song now is "Grandma Plays The Numbers"...well, what do you know?

Actually, none of the songs in FO4 or FO3 were created for the games. They are all real songs from the late 50s and early 60s.

OP
M

magellan

It's not a new version of Butcher Pete, it's the flip-side of the Butcher Pete record. At the end of Butcher Pete the singer say something like flip this record over, you haven't heard nothing yet.