• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tyan s2460 XP 1900s - heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cy

I would like to upgrade the retail heatsinks on my dual XP 1900s on my Tyan S2460 motherboard. Can anyone tell me what is a good upgrade that is not to expensive and that will fit this motherboard? I would prefer something that uses all three lugs on the socket for safety and strength.

Thanks for all suggestions. :)

Cy

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
I saw a link over at 2CPU.com in the Hot Deals section for the SK-6 going for $10 a pop. I've got one and don't think they have the 3 lug latch (the SK-7 does), but that's one hell of a deal for one of the best heatsinks out there.

OP
C

Cy

Jon,

Do you know if you can fit two of those on the S2460? Thats all I'm really worried about. That would be a great upgrade to this board. :)

Cy

Jon

I would think so, they're not very big heatsinks. I was actually planning on getting a couple for my Asus', but they were too expensive at the time and I really didn't want to go with two more Deltas in here.

I'd say if those don't fit, you would have a hard time finding much else that would.

I have 2 volcano 9s on my 2460. They fit with no mod and they cool well. I have them adjusted to 4000 rpm to reduce noise.

Jon

I've got regular Volcano 7s on one of my Asus' and they are a tight fit. My guess would be that if the 7+ is any bigger at all, it won't.

May not help much, but if you find any dimensions on the two, it should answer your question.

lonewolf1983

the volcano7+ looks like it has a 10mm smaller fan on top of it, making it 70x70mm.
Im looking at these since theyre all copper and i want to run the fans on them at low speed for decent temps.

The volcano 7s are very good cooling wise. They are slightly smaller than the 9s so they should fit fine. They come with a loud fan also. I don't use them because they cost about 30% more.