• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tyan Thunder K7X with L5 modified Athlon XP processors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aheinila

Hello All.

Has anyone tried to run L5 modified Athlon XP processors on Tyan Thunder K7X (S2468) motherboard? Is someone currently running modified Athlon XPs with this board? Which version of bios are you using?

According to Thunder K7X's manual Athlon XP processors are not supported in single or dual mode.

I understand that this question might be FAQ stuff but I would like to read specific user experience rather that common knowledge that L5 modified Athlon XP processors can be used in place of Athlon MP processors.

I am asking this because I might be able to aquire this motherboard but I am not willing to spend much $$$ on Athlon MPs just would like to go cheap way and buy Athlon XPs.

Thanks.

I have not used the Tyan motherboards, but I can personally attest to the fact that I am using L5 modified Athlon XP processors in place of Athlon MP processors. My particular motherboard (K7D Master L) recognizes the modified XP's as MP's properly.

AFAIK the MPx chipset recognises L5 modded XPs as MPs. The K7D does and Im sure that if the Tyan boards didnt then someone would have posted about it before.

Back