• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tyan Tiger MPX loop-crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrKillington

A buddy of mine has been using a Tyan Tiger MPX for a year and a half now, and it's worked fine until very recently. There's a crash that happens very consistently at this point which involves the image on screen becoming frozen and the sound in the background running in a .75 or 1 second loop.
It's only been happening for the last few months, but the frequency of it has increased so much that the computer is nearly unusable.
It's the same crash I had with my RAM when I had to fix the timing, so we took the RAM out of his, put it into mine (known good) and memtested it... passed all test.
So... here's the question: is there any way of adjusting the timing settings on the Pheonix bios, or a flash we could apply to give us one? Also, any suggestions you'd have on normal troubleshooting would, of course, be appreciated.:)
Specs:
Tyan Tiger MPX mobo
1 512 stick of DDR 2100
Dual 1900+ Athlon MPs
GeForce4 Ti 4200
Win2k pro
350 Watt power supply

OP
MrKillington

MrKillington

He's just replacing his mobo now, but since I might be able to bum it off him, I'm going to bump this =)