• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugh! - 9500Pro Bad Bios Flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adelphia83

Man I really did it this time....

Got my new 9500Pro, ran one game, and proceeded to flash the BIOS to the beta version that allows overclock....

I rebooted the system to a clean MS-DOS floppy (made through XP). I typed atiflash -f -p 0 95pro128.bin and I got the following error:

Error: Poll ROM idle after bulk erase

What in the hell!? I tried flashing it back to the original BIOS, and I get the same error. I cannot flash the card at all, it just gives this error everytime.

Then I tried writing the current BIOS, and it wrote a 130K bin file, while the original (and the new beta version) was only 53K. I don't know where that 130K file came from--. ?

Well I was forced to reboot with my fingers crossed... no luck just a long drawn out beep.... The kind of beep that's telling me I'm an idiot...

Long story short and 60$ later (for PCI Radeon 7000), the card's dead for the time being.

Ugh... It's an FIC A95P, with the infineon RAM in the L configuration... If anyone knows how I can resolve this (man I'd love to toy with this thing), I'd really appreciated it!

STONEGOLEM

Registered
Hi my friend,

Can you find any solution for the "Error: Poll ROM idle after bulk erase" ?

One of my friend have the same problem :( Exaclty the same event (it wrote a 130K bin file, etc.)

He have an "AtiRadeon9500np" we tried to save the card but can't. With an extra PCI video card, we tried and tried. But can't find solution.

Anyone who knows the solution, please help us.

yours respectfully...

OP
A

adelphia83

Instead of using ATIFlash to flash the BIOS, there is a program available called "FlashROM". It is available free on the web.

Do a search on google; find and download it. It is used just like ATIFlash, except the parameters for flashing are somewhat different.

It will FIX the problem you are having, and allow you to flash and go through with the BIOS flash. You may need a PCI video card if you are unable to boot because of the bad BIOS.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
I think the flash command line should look like this

atiflash -p 0* 95pro128.bin

(with 0* being the one card in your system).

But now that you are using a PCI also, run the atiflash command that will list the adapters in your system, and sub the adapter # accordingly.

Why did you use the -f option? Not sure you need it.

If that gives an ascii error then add the -f option to the tail end of the flash line command.

STONEGOLEM

Registered
Hi friends,

Thank you for your answers,

I want to know if there is another flashing program for ATI Radeon other than "atiflash" and "flashrom" ?

yours respectfully...