• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugh. Down again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I may have all of my issues resolved. I pulled out half of my RAM and the machine was stable all night. I had two 16 GB kits installed from two different manufactures. I was told back when I built it that this would be an issue but it has run as a folding machine with 3 7970's and no issues for a few months. I recently promoted the machine to my main rig and odd problems kept coming up.

After more carefully looking at the two kits, one was rated for 1.65 volts and the other for 1.5 volts. All other specs are the same. Even though I no longer have 32 GB RAM in my system, I still have 16 GB which is more than I need. I just lost braggin' rights.

It's like what I've posted in a few places in these forums, Ram Voltage can make or break a system, even .05 volts lower than what is rated on the ram can make a system unstable or in my case, make it so I could not install an OS. So always use same manufacture and same voltage ram modules.

Point well taken. I will admit that I did not look at the voltage prior to installing them. Shame on me. :)

Back