• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh oh think I messed it up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiseass

okay bit of an issue I think..

Pulled the chip out to check the stepping, found out it's AYHJA

Put everything back together, goto start it up, no video signal.

Everything powers up, HSF, harddrives, cd etc...but nothing. I don't know if it's beeping since I don't have a PC speaker, removed it to make room for the suckhole in the front :p

any ideas? I'm going to try resetting the bios to see what happens.

pulled the HS off of the chip, chip looks good, can't see any visible cracks on the core, seated nice and snug.

mustangman

So you still have the pc speaker lying around somewhere? If so temporarily hook it up and listen for the beep codes to help you figure things out. It would be a start and as silversinksam said try reseating the vid card.

OP
Wiseass

Wiseass

Okay got a PC Speaker...what's one long beep mean? I can't find it in the damned KG7 Motherboard manual.

(please don't be chio, please don't be chip...)

Nyrlath

EDIT:

Just looked up on ABIT what bios you have, Award right? 1 long beep is supposedly RAM, just try re-seating it.

Aesik

On many MBs that means that no RAM is being detected. Try re-seating the RAM.

OP
Wiseass

Wiseass

okay took teh chip out and tried it in a diff machine..worked fine....

Took everything else out and starting from scratch..according to Paul's Unofficial Abit FAQ 1 beep is CPU. But now I'm getting 1 long - 2 short...which is Video..makes sense since I don't have a Vid card in there...now taking it one card at a time..

I'll keep ya posted..