• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh oh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i got an overkill 550W enermax ps 5 years ago it now runs daul amd mp but isnt overkill

moral get a more expensive one ond ull have better stability and you can pass it on to the next pc you build

the 520 Fortron would be good

CoreGamer said:
So the Fortron over the Sparkle?

Sparkle is Fortron - same company. Hopefully by "520w" you're not talking about the FSP530-60GNA - this one can't take a heavy 12v load. It's the 550w FSP550-60PLG or FSP550PLG-SLI you want.

CoreGamer said:
Oh, because that 550W Fortron is more than my 120 Dollar budget

$85.49?

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-SP550SL

Or by 520w were you actually talking about the AX500-A? That one's actually a 460w PSU. More than enough power though. Fortron doesn't make a 520w PSU... there's the 530w I have, and 4 550w models (one of which cannot be found anywhere yet). Below the 530w, they go down to 460w and lower.

Last edited:
I highly recommend the Sparkle over the Bluestorm here, only because it has much more power for around the same price. Don't buy a power supply based only on how good it looks. Seriously. I know it's ugly, but the Sparkle will make you very happy in the long run. Trust me, I've been there.

As far as powersupplies, noise is a valid concern, the 550w plg is loud, while the 500w bluestorm is quiet.

Thanks alot for all your help everyone, ill be getting the Sparkle 550W because Id rather have the extra power.

<<Spider>> said:
I would not trust that PSU. Especially with 15A on 12V and no PFC.

Good god!!! Even my 300W power supply has that. That's no better than a 300W power supply!!! Thus el-cheapo. :eek:

Back