• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultima X Cancelled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Origin seems to love Ultima Online, even with the dwindeling number of players in heir 7+ year old game. They abandoned Ultima Online 2 when about 5 years ago, and now they're abandoning Ultima X. Why? Because they wanted to "consolidate their efforts on Ultima Online," according to the Ultima X website. This was the reason for BOTH of the cancelations.

I don't know. I'm sure other people will disagree with me, but I just think UO's been circling the drain for a little too long. In my opinion, the game was ready for burial about 4 years ago when they introduced the whole trammel/felucca thing. They turned it into a carebear game. All the old schoolers left. I used to love the game, but when they took out PvP and replaced it with NOTHING, I sold my account.

But they had a GREAT thing going for them. Ultima X looked really good. But now, they are concentrating on a 7 year old, 2D game.... ARGH! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

Permanoob

UO2 was barely canceled 2-3 years ago and was the most stupid move that company could have made. That had such a huge push behind it and it just took a nose dive. Since then I haven't payed attention to a damn thing that company has said or done.

Aslan

Another foolish decision, but EA has already proven that they don't care about the UO Community as a whole, and are just in it to make as much money as possible before everything self-destructs. UO2 looked especially awesome, and UOX also looked as though it had great potential as well.

As for UO, to me honestly it wasn't so much the Trammel/Felucca addition, but AoS that killed everything off. I do admit that they did absolutely nothing to keep people in Felucca, but AoS completely changed the originality of UO into basically a Diablo2 knockoff, and was when I noticed a huge dropoff in numbers, (as well as being when I quit).