• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultimate Driver Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3DFlyer

Banned
XtremeG... I will again bow down to the masters who continue to write the Ultimate drivers of the universe! Hail XG, Hail XG, Hail XG!

After trying them, i will not use an nVidia driver again until they can fix their drivers. nVidia's drivers are killing their cards performance. I gained a 120%+ increase in FPS in Lock On FC by using the 81.94v2 XG Drivers. They rule!

3DFlyer

Banned
R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
would my geforce2 get any performance gain with different drivers?

That one IDK, that one you'd have to try, but for newer cards those XG drivers are like a miracle. I kid you not. I have never seen a performance increase like that on anything. A 120% FPS is unheard of, but that seriously is what i got out of them in Lock On FC. I do mean never when I say i have never seen an increase like that. More than doubling the FPS is just unheard of. Those guys are wizzards, and deserve every bit of credit I can give them.

They have no idea how much I appreciate that. It has made my flight simulator experience MUCH better, and I can crank up the IQ with little to no effect on FPS whatsoever. The only time the FPS drops off is when I fly through a fire from an explosion, but in lock on that is a very dynamic occurance, and there is lots of stuff going on and lots of units on the screen from the damage modeling. The recovery rate from a FPS dip is almost immediate once I clear the fire. It jumps right back up into the 100+ range.

To have a 30FPS flyable Lock On Simulator is a feat in itself, but to have one that flies above 100+ average, is just unheard of.

jcw122

I use the Omegas...which I prefer over ATI officials...but I'd like to know how the DNA drivers work...