• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UMM... why arent I prime stable? ive tried everything....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archangel4life

on nf7

"I' stepping mobile 2600+ from excaliburpc
@200 mhz fsb x 8 multi with 8.75 volt to cpu ( cooling with thermalright sp97 + ttsmartfan 2)

mushkin pc3200 special 2-2-2. @ 2.9v or ~3.0 in reality
timings set at 2-2-2-11 or 2-2-3-11 still same thing

chipset at 1.7 volts

flashed to d 10 bios, still same thing,

zalman nb cooler, the thing idles at like 42C

havent done the L12 mod, but i dunno if that would make THAT much of a difference,

i dont even last 1 minute.... my god.
its always a rounding error. if that even matters.

i fail 3dmark 2001 after the 2nd carchase test

i can get into windows at 230 fsb
235 doesnt work

Last edited:
Archangel4life said:
on nf7

"I' stepping mobile 2600+ from excaliburpc
@200 mhz fsb x 8 multi with 8.75volt to cpu ( cooling with thermalright sp97 + ttsmartfan 2)

8.75 volts? lol your lucky your case didnt go up in flames :p

edit. why you running the ram voltage so high? and did u try lowering the fsb and going with a higher multi?

try switching the ram to single channel...

either way, whatever that yeild, run each stick by itself in slot 3(the single slot).

for me I couldnt get 200fsb stable, so I went to single sticks and they both ran fine in all slots. finally I went both sticks single channel, running 220x12 now. that is special 222 at 3.2v.

ALRIGHT

i swapped the sticks with some geil 3200 i have in my other comp and the geil ran fine in prime testing the mushkin crashed upon entering windows, taking a buncha files along for the ride, checkdisk found them tho..

the conclusion is:

DONT BUY MUSHKIN bh6 pc 3200 special 2-2-2 with the abit NF7's!!!!!

i just dont think they are compatible, either that or i got bad sticks, ive just seen nothing but problems with mushkin ram... time to rma, what should i get? i have 360$ to spend...

lol, 8.75volts thats great. 2.9 - 3.0 v on the ram is ok, most people just pump that right in, and for the love of god please clarify how many volts your putting into that cpu. lol this forum is turning into comedy central.

1.875 volts, god.... yeah... umm im dumb

im gonna try single channel right now.... give me a few mins

btw i backed down on the volts a bit :) its a 1.7 now cpu, that is

alright single channel as well failed before a minute was up,

ive looked at the abit memory compatability list and the mushkin bh6 is not on there.

if i stick it in the far memory slot off by its self it wont support ddr 400, thats what the user manual says.

so still in single channel at stock specified speeds it fails....

This mushkin stuff seems to be crap. Have you tried the memory in memtest86? I'd be interested to see if that stuff can survive test#5 at stock speed.

i had a soltek board that wasnt prime stable. i know everything else was stable because i had been using the combo for months before i got it. it was doing 225fsb im memtest and would pass 3dmark for hours , but prime would fail.

Yeah, the mem hasta be bad, as i said before i swapped it out, and yeah nothing but errors on an a7n8x...

Does anyone recommend any type of memory that would work and would be able to overclock 230+?

whatcha guys think about this... http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-141&depa=0

i dont know if that is ch5 tho..... cuz its 2.5 cas ...it has the A in the model num tho... that should mean it is....

i know this is ch5 tho http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-114&depa=0

Last edited:
Back