• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ummm, my friend xp1600 fried itself err?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

well my friend has an xp1600 and today we took the peltier off because it was acting wierd, and put the waterblock on by itself.. when he turned the comp on it was fine and the monitor went green for like a sec but then the computer turned off.. now the chip smells fried.. there was no warning beeps of high temperature or anything.. what couldve happened ??

agoia y 0213 xp1600, epox 8k3ae, 256 mb samsung pc2700

Was the waterblock mounted solidly. If it didnt make contact that might have happened- Also, it could have been dying anyways or have been irreversably damaged before. I once crushed the core of a tbird1.4. It booted once and crashes. It never worked after that. Sorry bout that- having fried a cpu i know how annoying that can be.

sounds like he didnt hook the wb back on correctly. since he had the tec on it also would have had a coldplate. this woulda coused him to need to adjust it to make contact since the plate was now gone.
yeh it sounds like its in AMD heaven.:(

no we put the wb on tight and tightened the screws to the max (maze 3) .. it worked b4 wit the tec n stuff but now it doesntnemore. and b4 when we friend one b4 this one ... then we didnt have contact and it did beep.. so i dono

The cpu fried therefore it overheated therefore it wasnt getting cooled properly. Either it wasnt seated properly or it malfunctioned

Back