• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to delete account in Windows XP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweekerr

Registered
I created a temporary account on my computer for a visiting relative, and now I can't delete it. Every time I try to delete the account, nothing will happen for a couple minutes and then the window will crash. I've tried deleting it with both the account I created it with, and with the administrator account. Please help me out on this one, thanks :)

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
For XP Pro,
Rt. click my computer> select manage> select local users and groups> select users> rt. click the username you want to delete> select delete from popup options.

You could just disable the account in case they visit again:)

cherokeechief

Registered
Delete a User Profile:

Open System in Control Panel. On the User Profiles tab, under Profiles stored on this computer, click the user profile you want to delete, and then click Delete.

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to the local computer to delete user profiles. To open a Control Panel item, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon.

just thought i'd add this.