• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to OC past 3.2 GHz as prime ALWAYS fails on BLEND tests please help !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your vcore is still too low try 1.4v then if it passes hopefully, grab yourself CPUID CPU-Z and see how much voltage it uses on both blend and the small fft's tests on prime then adjust the vcore accordingly also just leave the dram timings don't set them manually just set it as 1:1.
Like this example here.;)
fsb%20memory%20ratios_thumb.jpg

By vcore you mean the CPU voltage ?
the max recommended is 1.3625 i dont think ill feel comfortable increasing more than that really :eh?:
also i dont think 1.3625 is too little for ONLY a 3.4 GHz OC !

i do not have that option of the ratio you are showing am almost 100% sure coz i have gone a countless number of times to BIOS and explored most of if not ALL the options !

now am running the test with a only 2 GB stick, which SUCKS but i just want to see if the test will pass this time or not

am really frustrated and feeling like **** (excuse me) i got the potential to OC this machine, but I just cant ! i never even thought of getting an i7, coz this machine can handle absolutley everything, with 10K RPM RAID 0 and a SSD and a GTX 260 am more than happy with it, i just cant OC it coz ive always wanted to do that especially that i got a decent water cooling system installed just in place !

ill let you know after the current test is complete..

thanks again..

For a 3.40Ghz OC hmm maybe yeah but its not stable you say.
Does it just stall if so the cpu voltage is probably the issue and if it bsod's dumping memory.
Its the ram and for that ram you could maybe push it to 2.40v but please be careful.
Also VTT may need to be OC/tweaked slightly I would say start with 1.2v if you ever need to overclock the VTT and with the memory I would aim for 1200mhz but like I said if its failing on prime 95 just freezing/stopping its definitely the the cpu voltage that is the issue in my opinion.
And I just suggested an vcore overclock of 1.4v so it would at least pass then use CPUID CPU-Z program to find out the correct amount of vcore to use so you are not using too much or too less.

For a 3.40Ghz OC hmm maybe yeah but its not stable you say.
Does it just stall if so the cpu voltage is probably the issue and if it bsod's dumping memory.
Its the ram and for that ram you could maybe push it to 2.40v but please be careful.
Also VTT may need to be OC/tweaked slightly I would say start with 1.2v if you ever need to overclock the VTT and with the memory I would aim for 1200mhz but like I said if its failing on prime 95 just freezing/stopping its definitely the the cpu voltage that is the issue in my opinion.
And I just suggested an vcore overclock of 1.4v so it would at least pass then use CPUID CPU-Z program to find out the correct amount of vcore to use so you are not using too much or too less.

Yet i fail again !
simply one cores would fail and i get the error in Prime saying that an error occured something like that its pretty known thingy !
no BSODs no Freezing !

What do you mean by the VTT ?

I have done a small FTTs test in prime and it passed with flying colours but to be 100% positive ill do it one more time for the next 12+ hours (i hope)

Read this it will explain it more then I can put it into simple words.
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/391624-cpu-fsb-vtt-question.html
And I do honestly believe you don't have enough vcore voltage as why else would it fail or your memory is not at the right speeds but, I highly doubt that.
Also just to give you an idea of what some good decisions and taking maybe one or two chances in overclocking can get you.
I used to own before my current Intel Core2Duo E6850 overclocked to 3.60Ghz stable.
A Intel E2180 stock was 2.00Ghz and, I managed to overclock it to 3.80Ghz a huge overclock and my first overclock ever and was stable.
My point is older cpu chips can overclock better then newer chips or the other way around.

Last edited:
Only just a very few people could run that ram at DDR1200 and pushing it that far may in fact have a lot to do with your Prime 95 Blend failure.

Read this it will explain it more then I can put it into simple words.
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/391624-cpu-fsb-vtt-question.html
And I do honestly believe you don't have enough vcore voltage as why else would it fail or your memory is not at the right speeds but, I highly doubt that.
Also just to give you an idea of what some good decisions and taking maybe one or two chances in overclocking can get you.
I used to own before my current Intel Core2Duo E6850 overclocked to 3.60Ghz stable.
A Intel E2180 stock was 2.00Ghz and, I managed to overclock it to 3.80Ghz a huge overclock and my first overclock ever and was stable.
My point is older cpu chips can overclock better then newer chips or the other way around.

alright so the VTT is that FSB voltage your'e refering to?
please have a look at this from my BIOS
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1944/img0052mr.jpg

is it the FSB termintation voltage you recommend to set to 1.2v ?

any other changes in these needed ?
thanks..

The FSB voltage would be the NB Voltage (northbridge) in this case.

Back