• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Unable to play video on youtube + Firefox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DHP

[SOLVED]

Hello everyone;

I'm using Firefox 13, W7.
I was watching a couple video on youtube, when I open another one and instead of the video was a black screen, I then did a right click on it and it said "animation is not charged" (or something close) my first step was to reload the page but it's the same thing... I then went to a previous tab where a video was loaded and I try to play it but it didn't work even after reloading.

I reinstalled Java, Adobe flash player, firefox and still not working.
Video work's on dailymotion with firefox
I deactivated Adblock, and it's the same.

I then tried to watch the youtube video on IE, and it work but it was kind of weird, because I couldn't pause the video I don't know if it's recurent on IE (never use it).
I'm guessing it's a link between youtube and firefox....

Any advice ?

Last edited:
Very strange...anything else on your machine acting odd?
What AV are you using on your machine?

Oh, and try disabling all of your Firefox addons, and see if you still have the error.

Last edited:
What's AV ?

I did disable ALL addons

This is also something weird. Do you see the problem there(on the picture) ? (This is me going from the tab I was writing right here to the youtube video and you can clearly see that what was on this page stayed in place of the youtube video...) Kind of weird ain't it ?

Edit: Ok so I did something new. I uninstall flash player, then I went on youtube and obviously Firefox told me there was a missing pluging (flash) and by there recommendations I reinstalled it, and right after that the video on THAT page was working, I then went to another open tab where a video was, But it didn't work even after reloading the pages and restating firefox I then tried to open a new video on youtube but it didn't work but EVEN after re-opening firefox the video where I reinstalled flash WORK'S even after restarting the pc. So now I have ONE WORKING VIDEO ON YOUTUBE (awesome:/ )

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    94.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
IT WORKS !

I decided to take the problem further by starting my virtual machine with W8 installing firefox + flash on it and I launched a video on youtube, and it was working wich kind of directed me toward the fact that it was Firefox the problem.

So on my real machine I reinstalled (once more ) firefox but this time after reinstalling I didn't upload my profile to see if it was my setting and this time around video on youtube were working. I then back up my profil completely expecting the video not to work but it did....

So I don't know now what the problem was exactly. All I know is that it works so ^^ :)

I've marked the thread [SOLVED] since you got it figured out. You can mark your own threads as solved by using the "Thread Tools" just above your first post. :thup:

Back