• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to update/remove Divx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi there,

Was trying to update my Divx however it sits at the installing C+ part and does nothing unsure what to do from here. I have tried to uninstall the software to do a full reinstall however that also failed and did nothing. I am unsure how to go about updating and successfully reinstalling the software.

Regards,

Time-Bandit.

If DivX program files are loaded in memory when you try to uninstall it that would be one thing that could prevent uninstall. Do Ctrl, Alt, Delete to bring up Task Manager. Check both open apps and processes for DivX being in use. If found in either, close/end the program/process and try the uninstall again.

Also, when programs don't completely install or they install improperly then the uninstall routine may also be broken. Try Revo Unistaller free version.

Ok awesome that managed to uninstall it now reinstalling it just sits at the installing microsoft c+ runtime libs part

Try downloading the DivX update from another source. There may be broke files in the one you downloaded. Are you sure this program is compatible with Windows 10?

vista :-/

Its some updater file looks like it downloads from the website its only a few mb.

You're running Windows Vista? That's the problem. The Microsoft C+ run time libraries probably have dropped support for Vista.

ok so what do I do from here other than change OS?? - thanks for the quick reply.

Sweet plays whatever I throw at it however tried to convert a MKV to mp4 since this MKV wont play on my tv (wifes movie) it convtered only the sound and no video and did it in like 2minutes. The audio/video keep same option was checked aswell.

Only want the player to play everything I throw at it which it seems to do and convert since I have issues when playing back on my tv due to "drm error" or wrong file format.

Google that issue. There are some settings in VLC that might fix that problem. Sometimes disabling titles will help. Conversion is not the strong point of VLC. It's not the handiest tool for doing that and there are some encryption schemes it won't decode, like Disney DVDs. Tried Handbrake?

Handbrake does the job takes time to encode however and file size ends up larger than input. Input 700-800mb end result 2gb file.

copied this vid

edit - or is there a legit prog to remove drm from the file im having issues playing? files fine on pc on tv won't play if so which prog is clean I can buy and use?

Last edited:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-remove-drm-from-music-and-movie-files/

I've used this one and it works well but it's not free: http://www.winxdvd.com/resource/best-free-dvd-decrypter-software-review.htm

If you don't upgrade to a more modern OS you will start finding programs that are not compatible. Already, Vista has been abandoned by Internet Explorer (IE 9 is latest that will run on Vista) and Chrome (no more updates). Not sure if Firefox still supports it. You can buy Windows 7 product keys on ebay for $20 and use the key for the free Windows 10 upgrade. Use the Windows 10 Media Creation tool to download the Windows 10 install file that will automatically build an install DVD or flash drive. Looks like your hardware should support it but it would need to be a from scratch install. You have until July 29 to do this free upgrade.

Last edited:
That may mean aimersoft can't use cuda with that video card or that driver. Again, it may be tied to the OS. Have you googled this issue. You could also contact aimersoft support and ask that question.

Yup googled it and found a vid on youtube by an indian guy he had some dll files that needed to be added to the system they were to win 7 but I added the one that applied to my machine then the option was no longer greyed out. I turned it on but not noticing a massive difference. Unless its the way it functions.

I noted when I tried on multiple clips all at the same time the 4 clips (I assume 1 per core) would all progress at about the same pace. Did the same files again with this option on and it seemed two of the videos would go at the same speed and two seemed to move at abit faster of a rate. I noticed about a 30% increase on the two files eg file 1/2 would be at 30% and 2/4 would be at 60% so that would mean its working surely??

I would think so. I haven't really had experience with software that can use CUDA. I just know some programs, typically higher end AV, photo editing and some scientific apps can use it. How effectively it is deployed and how much it is utilized will probably vary a lot. CUDA has been around for years but it's deployment is limited to specialty areas at this point. The goal of the industry is to someday integrate the processing power of the CPU and GPU in a more universal way. If that ever happens it would be a huge step forward. AMD has a corresponding technology to CUDA but I forget what they call it.

Back