• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underclocking & Overvolting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bonka

Doing this with my Celly. Hoping it will make a difference.

I'm running at [email protected] (50fsbx12). Do lower temps relate to better chances of me getting any speed increase? I know lower temps will give me less chance of electromigration. Under Prime95 torture test, my load temp is 26-28c. Will touch 29-30c at times.

My Tualatin is still unstable at [email protected]. It will usually detect hardware failure after an hour of Prime. Temps are 40c load. Everything seems to be working dandy.

I've burned in at this speed before for about a week with no speed increase. Should I burn in for a month at this speed? Spring Break's coming up and I'll be LANing and I don't know if 600MHz is adequate for LAN :eh?:

I dont think there is very much you can do if a weeks worth of burn-in didn't help

your temps seem to be very nice but what are you using for monitoring? Perhaps they are higher than you think. Is your RAM stable b/c that can also cause prime95 errors

I'm using MBM5 and they correspond to the bios readings very well. System temps may be sketchy still, but the CPU temp readings are correct.

My RAM is regular PC133 Micron/Samsung SDRAM running at the fastest settings possible of 2-2-2 5/7. I've tried lowering them before and Prime would still crash on me. Maybe I'll give it a try again and maybe with only 1 stick of RAM. I'm not sure what else I can do with this chip. It just won't budge. I'd be grateful if it reached 130fsb stable.

yep...maybe your RAM doesn't like each other although both Micron and Samsung are both quality RAM and shouldn't give you any probs

perhaps try turning your voltage down a notch and see if that helps any

I would run your computer at the fastest stable speed or at least at default for your LAN party. There is no reason to leave it at 600 MHz all the time. I only do burn-in on my computers when I'm not using them for anything else. My P-III took lots longer to break in than a week.

I can't even drop the voltage to 1.775 with my 128fsb. The last time I fooled around with my overclocks, this is what I ended up with:

1.5GHz (125fsb)@1.675v STABLE
" "@1.650v and lower unstable

1.553 (128fsb)@1.8v STABLE
" "@1.775v and lower unstable

I don't understand this sudden increase of voltage needed for an extra 3 on the fsb. I don't mind the temps since they are quite good and I'm more interested at achieving 133fsb than anything else.

Bonka said:
Doing this with my Celly. Hoping it will make a difference.

My Tualatin is still unstable at [email protected]. It will usually detect hardware failure after an hour of Prime. Temps are 40c load. Everything seems to be working dandy.

well... I'd suggest u to sell that celly if it doesn't do what u want it to do. And buy 2nd one... either a good 1,2A or any 1,1A.

It helped me to achieve 133FSB by selling my 1st 1,2A and getting a 2nd 1,2A. :) The 2nd cpu overclocked better than the 1st one. That's my advice: get another cpu.

edit: and then u know if the 2nd cpu stops overclocking just at the same point where 1st one, it is propably another part of your system (like PSU) not capable of 1,6Ghz

I've thought of that, but I'd rather keep the chip and just buy another one, but I'm strapped for cash right now. Spent too much money on other hardware. If I plan to stay Tualatin, I'm pretty sure I'd get another 1.2 Celly with a ST6.

Back