• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underclocking & vcore....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thingi

I want to build a new quiet PC. I've got a spare xp2400+ which has had lower multipler surgery applied to it already (for a comp with high fsb's).

On the lowest multipler the board can do (6.5x) what kind of vcore could I use and still keep stable operation?

Any ideas? Has anybody else done this? Would I even be able to use passive cooling on the chip if a monster heatsink were used?

......... DAMN ....... Just found out my m/b wont go lower than 1.65 - Are there any boards which allow undervolting the vcore out there?

thingi

Last edited:

dropadrop

I ran my xp1700+ dlt3c at stock speed with 1.06v! That was on a msi dual motherboard, however I'm sure that some other single amd motherboards would allow lowering vcore to the same level.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
I think mine goes down to 1.5v-core. Soltek 75FRN-RL. I still think it will be too hot not to have a fan on there. Maybe a smaller fan, but not a passive sink.