• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unexpected fast Desktop Config

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rolupusoru

Hi,

I know that most posts on this forum are about coputers running slow or not at all, but this is my first desktop i built after 6 years(spent 3 days reading reviews about what to put in it) and i'm concerned that it is beeing way faster than i expected.I wonder if smthing will fail soon or not.

My main concern is the memory.I bought A-data 2000X 9-9-9-24 1T 1.6V~1.8V.Their website says that this memory should perform at about 13000Mb/s.

The system auto sets the memory clock at 1333Mhz and voltage at 1.5V, same timings. I set only the voltage to 1.66V because that's what most OC'ers recommend for stability i guess.Everest benchmarks my speed at 14100MB/s puting it on top of the list, and 56ns latency making it 3rd.

I do some 5th grade math. If the memory is rated for 9-9-9-24 1T at 2000Mhz, then at 1333Mhz these should be 6-6-6-16 1T to be reach the same latency times.Donn't wanna push thing so i set my new timings 8-8-8-24.Now i benchmark at 15100MB/s with 53ns latency.Should i be worried about breaking down my ram modules?

The second thing is the processor(Core i5 750).Bclk is at 133Mhz and multiplier at 20X.this gives 2.66Ghz.But actual BIOS reading says 2.8Ghz; so does Windows. Everest shows that Intel Turbo Boost throttles the CPU at 3.1Ghz.At idle Everset shows power consuption to be about 2.5Watts and at full load 54Watts.Intel says the CPU should chew on 95Watts.How is this possible?

The energy meter at home is registering that my desktop is more power efficient at idle than my old laptop Alienware m9750 with Core 2 Duo at 2.0Ghz in the same power state.

Have i been living under a rock for the past 6 years or i simply got lucky at picking good hardware? thanks for shadding some light:D

System: GA-P55M-UD2, Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.66G, 4GB A-Data 2000X 9-9-9-24 1,6V-1.8V, MSI N275 GTX TWIN FROZER OC, 2X500GB RAID 0, Windows 7 x64 Proffesional

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Given the fact that your ram is running a tad slower (1333- 8-8-8-24) you should not be worried. In fact that's a good thing. If you want a general idea on how your ram's timings coincide with speed, d/l and run CpuZ from here . Be sure to d/l the one according to your OS (64 or 32bit).

Click on the SPD tab and you'll see different speeds and timings on ea. column.

Click on MEMORY tab and you'll see where your ram speed and timings are set to.

Be sure to run the ram at it's default voltage. I would set it at 1.6v first and work from there.