• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unexpected Shutdonws, It was running good!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

I have been running my system for at least 2 months, after screwing the CPU trying to unlockit, i just left it at xp2000 without unlonking ( the cpu is an xp1800 ), but from a few days back i been having unexpected shutdowns or reboots. I can figire it out. My system is water cooled and temps are 31 idles 40 full. I cant run benchmarks or render with Bryce without it rebooting. I just increased the vcore from stock to 1.825 and the same. I dont have any OC on the FSB since if i go more that 133 it wont boot.
My PSu its a Antec 420.

Any suggestions?

I dont have another but can get one to try tomorrow, but it would be a 300w. Forgot to mention that my G3Ti200 its OC.

I think you are facing a stability problem.
What are your vcores? You need a little more voltage on the cpu to have it more stable.

I hope the power supply work.

Young

Your explanation of your system clock speed was rather vague. I'll put it this way: If it's overclocked, clock it back to stock and see what happens.

What are your rails (3.3v, 5v, and 12v)? Since you can't see them at load, idle will have to do. I'm leaning towards a power supply issue.

Yodums

yodums i agree wiht you as reguards to the power supply. however as far as not being able to see voltage during load there is an easy way to do it. run mbm ( motherboard monitor) and go to high low on the settings that should tell you if there is a power deficiancy. if your compuiter reboots under any load the go to settings and have mbm write high low to a log file. hope that helps

Im havin the same probs also. I think its my PSU since my voltages are a little low on my 5V and 3V rail. I need to get another PSU, but sadly I dont have the cash. :(

OK. First of all let me try to explain the speed of the CPU. I tried to unlock my greene but i failed on the scratching the dot and got way trough the top off it. Thats why the cpu went crazy and instead of being in stock XP1800 its at XP2000. Also like i steated above my rig was running good until a few days ago.

Let me download MBM and i'll keep you posted. *** of now my voltages are:

vcore = 1.82
3.3 = 3.22
5.0 = 4.95
12 = 11.73

Yeh - I had loads of dodgy restarts whenever I either:

1. Used both my DVD drive and CD-Writer at same time (disk => disk copy)

2. When I tried to do something *really* processor intensive (Like Folding, Encoding Video, Big 3D games etc etc)

New psu solved all this, and let me overclock my CPU loads higher!

deadzone your voltages are way low. I assume that is idled. I couldn't even imagine what they are under load. its your power supply.

Well i'll have to try with another PSU, do you think a 350 will be good? If not, which one should i buy?

go for a 400 watt. i had many problems like yours on my 1600. this was w/ a 300 watt but i run many fans as u can see. ( i think my case is very restrictive) the 400 helped quite a bit & i only paid $46 shipped for a dual fan unit.

I concur go with a 400 at least you might pay a little more now but you have extra power to grow into well worth the extra $$$. also avoid no name power supplies I like enermax but I'm sure there are others less expensive but just as reputable.

Thanks all for the help, i'll send my 420 antecpsu to RMA and meanwile i'll buy a 520 vantec just to be safe, is vantec any good?

I'm sure vantec supplies are very good all there products are. they probably don't actually make the supply but just the chassis and stealth fans.

Back