• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uninstalling Sp3 from Win2k proffesional

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEAT BAG

After i upgraded to service pack 3 i have had this anoying deal where when i click on a media type file and it tries to show the preview on the left side in explorer it crashes explorer.exe and totaly screws the progs i had running in the taskbar and i am forced to either reboot or log off and log back on to get things back to normal. This has only happend after i installed sp3. I have done some driver updates since then but the problems persists. If i uninstall sp3 then will that screw up the drivers that i have updated. It gave me a list of progs that might not run if it is uninstalled when i choose to remove it so i just his cancel and came to ask yall.

jstutman

theres an option when you install service pack 3. do you want to arcive all files for uninstall. if you clicked "no" then nope cant uninstall. if you clicked "yes" go to remove/install programs. service pack 3 is there.

OP
MEAT BAG

MEAT BAG

Its in the remove/install progran section but i was just wandering since it came up with a window saying all these programs might not work.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
If you chose to have Service Pack 3 archive your previous updates before installing, then you should have no problem uninstalling it. If you didn't, however, you'll be forced to format your machine if you want it gone.

However, even if you uninstall your SP, your problems may persist. I've never uninstalled a SP, so I don't exactly know if anything would happen if you did it, and what kinds of possible problems you might run into.

SPs are usually installed and never intended to be uninstalled, 'cause they overwrite various-and-sundry system files, most of great importance.