• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uninstalling windows components..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

I am pretty knowledgable with Windows XP, and tweak it all the time, any way possible, but I'd like to know if there is any way to completely uninstal windows messenger, outlook express, and finally internet explorer.. I can keep internet explorer, can i uninstall the other two and keep IE6?? I am thinking of keeping IE6 just in case my browser (Opera 7.23, loving it) is not compatible on certain pages?? I know you can make any plugin work in Opera, but I haven't really used it for that long.. thanx in advance..

I have been wanting to unistall those two also. I have had no luck as of yet.

Yes you can uninstall all of those things. Go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Add/Remove Windows Components and then uncheck the components you do not want installed ;) I believe there is at least 1 very annoying application that you don't get the option to uninstall in this manner until you install sp1, I cannot recall which one that is though.

Holy sheep sh#$ batman! It's right there! Can't believe I never saw that before! ThX

You aren't actually uninstalling them but just removing access by hiding them so it looks like they're gone. I believe XPlite will actually uninstall them for you but do so only if you're prepared to repair or reinstall XP if something breaks.

Back