• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknown cables in my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Looks like Speaker out, mic in serial and firewire. Or something along those lines. The cables plug into the back of the mobo and bring those plugins to the front. if that makes sense.

OP
S

SmellyDraws

Registered
When you say plug them into the back of the mobo, do you mean run them through the back of the case where a PCI card would go and plug them into the back USB ports?

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
SmellyDraws said:
When you say plug them into the back of the mobo, do you mean run them through the back of the case where a PCI card would go and plug them into the back USB ports?

That, or you hook them up to existing USB/ Firewire/ Audio, on your MB. there are lots of MB's comming out that have extra connectors for USB and Audio ports on the front panels lately. It is however the first time I've seen one with a front firewire port.

OP
S

SmellyDraws

Registered
oh ok...so it is optional whether I wanna hook them up to the back of the mobo or onto the pin connectors? I do not have to do both?

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
Yeah, you should just need the pin connectors for a front port setup.