• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Re-Volt

Registered
LoneWolfX1X said:
search ars technicas agora classifieds.

not sure if hes still willing to sell but someone had a 2.8 ES

isnt that like the 2.8 CS but with cross platform hyperthreading and the H6 bridges crossed with the SST module. Whats especially impressive is how this version when it is unlocked the SIMD capabilities really come out at an overwhelming ATC speed.

;)

FIZZ3

I'd try a low-multiplier 133Mhz FSB P4 before shelling out big bucks for an unlocked P4 if you're after a super-high FSB. The lowest 133's are quite affordable and tend to overclock rather well. Engineering samples are much more of an odd duck-product and may contain flaws that make them poor overclockers.

batboy

Senior Moment
It's also sort of illegal to sell and buy them. ES CPUs are owned by Intel and are technically only "loaned" out for testing purposes.

FIZZ3

Jirnsum said:
Most unlocked engineering samples weren't obtained legally anyway :rolleyes:

Seems you were just ahead of me Batboy :p

Maybe that's the true reason the OP wanted one: living the gangster's life! :D

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
gouda96 said:
Does anyone have an unlocked p4 for sale. I will pay high for it. e-mail me [email protected] if you do
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
In order to buy, sell, or trade on this forum you need to read the rules. You must be an established member with a post count over 100 posts.

trex

Re: Re: Unlocked P4

Big Nuttz said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
In order to buy, sell, or trade on this forum you need to read the rules. You must be an established member with a post count over 100 posts.

:D