• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking AMD Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ble81

I have an AMD Barton chip coming soon and I don't know what week it is or
whether or not it is unlocked. (I posted earlier on how to find the week and year it was made so I am ok on that question)! I have seen where some posts online that making a chip mobile can make it more overclockable. I also have seen where connecting the fifth trace of the L3 bridge makes it overclockable. My question is which is the correct method of unlocking these chips and is it possible to use both methods (mobile and the L3 bridge) for a solid, stable overclockable CPU ?

-Bri

Psykoikonov

If your buying a new desktop Barton it will be locked and not unlockable whatsoever. If you want an unlocked Barton you must buy a mobility. FYI they started locking them in week 39 of last year.

Psyko

Ha_hA_HA!

Psykoikonov said:
If your buying a new desktop Barton it will be locked and not unlockable whatsoever.

I have heard this many times, but I bought a desktop Barton 3200+ about 2 months ago and it is unlocked.

However, I didn't check to see when it was made...