• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocking kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
mmk, well my friend let me borrow his unlocking kit from www.highspeedpc.com and the problem is, the conductive grease doesnt dry, you are supposed to just draw tiny lines on the bridges, and i want to be able to tape over the bridges when im done..so where can i get an unlocking kit that has grease that drys..or in the toms hardware video, they had this silver paint (has actual silver in it for conduction) that they just painted over the bridges with..and then taped them, so that they wont get messed up..

1. where can i get a kit that has grease that drys?
2. where can i get a thing of conductive paint like in the THG video?

if you guys cant help me, think i should just email THG and ask them?

Tmod

RangerJoe

Yep you are right the grease doesn't dry. I don't think you will find a grease that dry's.

I have used several of the different products to unlock the processor and the grease is the best as far as I am concerned. The conductive ink will dry and flake off (Unless of course you tape it on). I have removed my heatsink now about 5 times after applying the grease and have never had a problem when placing the heatsink back on.

If you are dead set on using the drying type products just look Here and look towards the bottom for the conductive pen. It will dry.

Good Luck!

Codeman05

I just put a peice of scotch tape over the bridges when I used the HighSpeedPC kit...works great for me, have 4 unlocked chips with that kit running strong...can do it in under a minute now :D
I had a good site that sold those pens, I'll see if I can dig it up

BadOC

what do you guys think is THE best materials to unlock an xp. I am going to attempt doing my first one, so i would like to really know the good stuff. Any useful tips?

Valk

actully their conductive pen looks like a wicked bet for amd unlocking. thanks for the linkage.

Amino

Ok, pardom me for asking, but can't you unlock XP's with a pencil? Also, I've overclocked my XP1800+ for a little while without unlocking it... given I can't get it to move past 70 extra mhz... hee hee...

But well, what I'm getting at is, what's the deal with unlocking and why does it have to be done? and also can't you use a pencil?

Tmod

Too anyone asking what to use to unlock the XP processor I would suggest the Conductive Grease.

The XP cannot be effectively unlocked using a pencil because of the pits that exist between the L1 bridges.

Here is a link that will take you to the site where you can purchase the products to unlock the processors.

OP
RangerJoe

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
there is already a guide on it...

anyway, i just bought some trace tape from some website..and im gonna fill the pits with superglue...hope it works